Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
Your stock water temp gauge should move around. If it does move, you thermostat is definately NOT broken. Who told you that man?

If you were to look at a Water temperature gauge, it would go up when sitting in traffic up to around 90 degrees (in DC2R), and then when your driving depending on temperature, it will go down to sayd 75-80 degrees. Same thing applies with the stock guage on the clutser. Depending if it's summer or winter, the water temp can vary alot, and the needle will move.

Also VTEC is not a mechanism for dumping fuel into the engine.
And, not all VTEC engines burn oil... only screwed ones. My DC2R on 105,000km's doesn't burn a drop of oil - even on track days. If your burning oil, it's either PCV system, piston rings or leaky oil filter/sump plug/ sump gasket. Take the car to Honda man.

Generally if you are running VERY rich, you can tell. It's normal to blow a bit of black smoke out of the exhaust in VTEC. Not Blue or White though.

Ok, this confirms that water temp gauge is not broken as it does go up when i'm sitting at the lights and goes back down again once i start crusing again. Also, i've been closely monitoring my engine oil levels and i'm NOT losing any. I have been putting cardboard lining beneath my entire car in my garage after every drive and not a sign of oil leak anywhere. THATS A HUGE RELIEF!

I got a OEM Map Sensor over the weekend [THANKS DAVID! ] Shouldnt be too hard since its just a matter of screws? I have been told to be careful when installing it as the lining or something beneath the map sensor breaks easily or something like that? Will update you all again once i've replaced it. *fingers crossed*