Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CL9] KPtechnologies One-touch sunroof control module

So this came in today. Anyone else installed this? Will do a DIY guide if anyone else is interested once I get around to installing it.

UPDATE:
    TSX Install Pictures from KPtechnologies.com
    Last edited by .QD; 28-08-2008 at 09:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    damn man your a gadget whore !!
    let us know how it goes.
    hehehe
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Quote Originally Posted by .QD View Post
    So this came in today. Anyone else installed this? Will do a DIY guide if anyone else is interested once I get around to installing it.

please do I'de be interested in a DIY please, and also how much did it cost you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    damn man your a gadget whore !!
    let us know how it goes.
    hehehe
    Well if the Euro had the same sun-roof control like the CR-V and I think the CU2? I wouldnt be needing this! , I was about to get the window lifter from KPtech too, but I might get an alarm upgrade later.

Quote Originally Posted by LXRY View Post
    please do I'de be interested in a DIY please, and also how much did it cost you ?
    Cost me $77AUD landed, depends on the exchange rate at the time of payment I guess.
    Last edited by .QD; 28-08-2008 at 09:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    wtf does it do? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    it gives him an extra gadget to whore over.

i think it automatically overrides the euro sunroof and opens it automatically utilising the stock button?
    am i right?
    vTeK 4-Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    it gives him an extra gadget to whore over.

i think it automatically overrides the euro sunroof and opens it automatically utilising the stock button?
    am i right?
    This module allows Acura TSX and Honda Accord sedan owners to completely open, close, or vent the sunroof by a simple "one-touch" of the button. This product eliminates having to hold the sunroof button down while operating.

^ from the website.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    cool thats what i thought, anyways another thing does that render your other function of opening it slanted with a gap useless or not?
    vTeK 4-Life!

Nah, everything stays functional, vent/tilt works and automates open and close.

Finally installed this module today. Took me a few hours because I was being very careful/cautious and was taking pix for a DIY.

It's a nice little addition. Something that Honda should have included in the first place. But anyways, very simple. To operate:

To open, press the open button twice and the sunroof will open.
    To close, press the close button twice and the sunroof will close.
    Vent, if you install the diodes they provide in the kit, you press the vent button twice and the vent will open.

If you initiate an open and you want to cancel it, just press the close or vent button and it will stop opening. Same goes for the rest.

One issue I ran into was the wiring instructions. Wire colours in the instruction didnt match the wires in my car. Luckily I had a multimeter and was able to test some wires and found the correct wires.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Nice work Mr Gadgetwhore! *thumbs up to you* would like to see the pics.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Gadget wh0re I R!

Try this. Test run video of the module before I put everything back. Might be slow, but it's only 1.5MB

...and some pix