Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

car won't start.... just need some advice

Hi,

I just need some advice as to what to do with this.. Not exactly sure what would be the best way to go on about it, I know I need to sort it out quick as I need to drive to work..

my car won't start.. I drove it two days ago for few minutes, and today it won't start.. it's a 04 accord euro, and when I turn the key it just makes a very quiet revving sound and that's it.. it won't engage or attempt at it..

I am going to try and jump start it tomorrow with my sisters car, luckily it's sitting in my garage so.. Also had it serviced a month ago.. at blacktown honda dealer for 80K.. but I was overseas and was left in the garage for a month without usage and it didn't start.. my sister jump started it before i got back.. it was fine till today. so I am not sure if it's just the battery or there's something else I need to worry about..

I am pretty noob when it comes to cars and had always relied member here for the help in right direction.. So would any of the 80K service have to do with anything? thought they would have checked for any probs..

If I can't start the car, I would have to call someone to come over to look at it right? can anyone suggest any decent people to call near inner west Sydney? I am not with NRMA road assistance so.. and while there any recommendation on a good mechanic near here too?

thanks for the help.
    cheers, Min

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Sounds like you starter motor solenoid isn't kicking in, (that is if you hear a motor spinning but engine isn't turning over). Try tapping it while someone turns the key.
    If you just hear clicking then it is your battery.
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

thanks, I jump started it today.. was all good..let it run for an hour..
    and then.. then I tried starting it again tonight but it just lets out a big soft *sigh* and then doesn't bother... The issue must be a little more than just the battery I guess..

Now I had this car serviced last month for 80K.. should they have looked into this? or something? is there like a warranty for these services? Or should I just take it to another mechanic?
    I only get annoyed about this is coz it's the only thing I've done out of ordinary and I had to jump start it twice since...

thanks for the help..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Go and change the battery first.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

right first thing tomorrow morning I will just go and change the battery.. it's not too hard to replace battery right? (I've never done it before.. oh man I am such a noob...) look for some guide or something online first..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Take off negative terminal, take off positive terminal, undo battery tie down, take out battery. Put new battery in, do up battery tie down, put on positive terminal, put on negative terminal.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    no petrol? lol

look at your battery status before try to replace, might save some money. green - ok, white - recharge, red - replace? (thats what my batt. status are)

Member Array
    Car:
    03 350Z TRACK
    could the the battery need some water refill?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by lmfamglia View Post
    could the the battery need some water refill?
    Stock Euro batteries are sealed maintenance free. But the stock ones don't last too long and die very quick if you discharge them like how he did when he went overseas.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    if it started with a jump, then its your battery, change it and you'll be fine
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

aaronng, thanks! tho i screwed up the positive negative when i was putting it back on.. yeah I know.. WTF! but all ended up being good, thanks so much for the help.

it was NRMA battery.. and I just bought one from kmart.. and chucked it in.. and all went good! the only thing I had to do was change the clock, but I read it somewhere that it would do that so...

sweeet

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    No problem.