[CL9] 07/08 Modulo kit question

Hey all,

Just wondering how is this kit meant to be installed. It was installed by the dealer and when I first got it, the front and rear under skirt wasnt flush with the bumper. They fixed it by sticking it on with some sort of adhevise which sorted the gap between the skirt and bumper. But now I've noticed it's becoming undone. You can see the grey/white line between the front under skirt and the bumper.

The worst is the rear (havent got pix), rear skirt has moved and it's taken the paint off.

Just want to know the proper way of installing this kit so I can take and back and tell them how to install it properly.

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    there should be little clips that you push in to place, at least there was on mne after someone reversed into my front bumper and it came loose, i just pussed firmly on the corners and hurt this click sound.

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    i know for sure that the front and rear are clipped and bolted on.

and i also know that the REAR LIP is stuck on with adhesive with a few bolts underneath and on the side near the wheel

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I had the same issue...

There are clips holding it from the bottom, and 2 x screws on each side. Around the top they use some sort of double-sided tape and adhesive.

Mine use to always come lose and looked pretty bad. Eventually had the front bumper replaced when someone reared into it, they glued the top bit so its flush now. Only problem is if i choose to remove the under-spoiler its going to rip some paint off. lol

Rear i had it replaced under warranty, as mine started to come loose badly, but its been ok for 6 months now. I had to leave the car for a full day as they wanted the adhesive to dry.

Bring it back to the dealer and have them correct it for you, the whole thing front & rear should sit flush. You paid 2.5k+ for the whole kit, so make sure they do it right.

If the current dealer can't get it right, maybe try another one...

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Its a pretty bad set up where the add on meets the Body
    mine never really sat flush, took some glue to fix it
    They seem to not sit perfect without gluing

If you do want it perfect id speak to a panel repair shop or the dealer about it,
    Using the wrong type of glue can damage the paint around it
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I know Lexus/Toyota and I think Subaru from what I've seen, they have black rubber I think, to cushion the bumper and the skirt (unless its some type of double sided tape) so it's flush and it just looks rights even though you see this black thing in between.

Not sure if standard the kit has double sided tape, but when I picked the car up it wasnt flush and wouldnt stick, brough it back and they stuck it on. Looks like there was excess glue and when they cleaned it they actually started to chip the paint from the bumper and under skirt. So yeah, the skirt on the back has moved as mentioned and has ripped the paint. Luckily it's under warranty and I havent modded the car yet, like put in coil-overs, because I know they would be shifty like that and blame the movement on the after market suspension..

Thanks again.

Mine has the same issue. Its double sided tape. But the gap is only about 2mm on some areas.....its a bit worse now that i took the kit off and put it back on (mistakenly) =.=