Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: service costs

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s

service costs

could everyone post what their service costs have been like?

MINE:
    20,000kays was $169 @ bayside honda in cleveland

30,000kays was $220 @ springwood honda for the fact that i needed a courtesy car for the day, bayside honda would of been bout $189 but didnt have nay cars available

40,000kays which is due in about 1000km's time i got a quote for $600 from highway honda in springwood and in cleveland they quoted $450

changed my brake pads with a friend, honda wanted $290 at springwood and $270 and bayside, took about 15mins to install in the backyard but had to lift one wheel into air at a time because only had the honda jack. The taking of pads is very easy, just unscrew one bolt and they came off. The pads in the end ended up costing slightly under $110 only because of a friend that sorta knows ppl there, they are genuine honda pads and come with some grease also to put on some funny looking bolt when putting pads back on.

Most annoying this is that the honda dealership that i had my car serviced at said that i only had a couple thousand kays left, i ended up doing over 10,000kays and still had easily 4000-5000kays left, well they aint getting my business ever again for sure

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I paid around $200 from memory for my 5,000km service (they considered it a 10,000km service because I only get it done every 6 months)...this was at Larke Hoskins at Homebush

That included the general crap, but new oil filter and full-synthetic oil which they seem to charge a fair bit for.

Pretty much a rip-off, but they are close to my house so it is super convenient and the guys there (in the service department) seem to know their sh*t.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    30000km was about 290 maybe or 160 cant remember

40000km was $600+ (this one im sure of )

50000km was 100 and something or 200 and something cant remember

the guy that runs honda service at kirrawee told me 40000 and 80000 are the most expensive

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    '08 Odyssey Lux
    ive only ever done one service.. (cos ibought it at 7000kms)
    but $340 @ larke hoskins in homebush for the 10000km
    f-word-ing ripoff

I need to service my car at 1000kms for the warranty

but then after that should I do it again at 5k or 10k???

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffy

do it every 10,000km and if you like, do the 5000km oil change yourself to save money

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ VTI-S & 06 CIVIC VTI
    Quote Originally Posted by muli
    could everyone post what their service costs have been like?

MINE:
    20,000kays was $169 @ bayside honda in cleveland <-- Where is it??

30,000kays was $220 @ springwood honda for the fact that i needed a courtesy car for the day, bayside honda would of been bout $189 but didnt have nay cars available

40,000kays which is due in about 1000km's time i got a quote for $600 from highway honda in springwood and in cleveland they quoted $450

changed my brake pads with a friend, honda wanted $290 at springwood and $270 and bayside, took about 15mins to install in the backyard but had to lift one wheel into air at a time because only had the honda jack. The taking of pads is very easy, just unscrew one bolt and they came off. The pads in the end ended up costing slightly under $110 only because of a friend that sorta knows ppl there, they are genuine honda pads and come with some grease also to put on some funny looking bolt when putting pads back on.

Most annoying this is that the honda dealership that i had my car serviced at said that i only had a couple thousand kays left, i ended up doing over 10,000kays and still had easily 4000-5000kays left, well they aint getting my business ever again for sure

1000k EastHonda $58 (i rechon they just washed the car and didn't do anything)
    5000k friend's mechanic $250 (oil filter, trust panel air filter, mobil 1 synthetic oil)
    Almost ozhonda furniture.

how about transmission oil? does anyone change it by themselves?

Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffy

1000kms service is free

Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon fit
    how about transmission oil? does anyone change it by themselves?

i would imagine transmission fluid change costing over $140 and its not really that involved. Im sure going to save as much as possibly on my 40,000kms service for the fact that i can get pretty much everysingle genuine honda part for cheap

brightboyfree, bayside honda is in cleveland, ill get the address and phone numbers for you

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    1000kms - Hornsy Honda (ard $50) - oil change & other inspections
    5000kms - Eastwood Honda (ard $175) - oil change, inspections, oil filter change (personal request). There's an environment levy of $15 and labour of almost $80 so if I do the oil change myself, then I would've saved almost $100. But I won't ge a "dealer stamp" on the log book if I need to sell the car later on.