Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 ITR
    oh p.s. i have dyno graphs of comptech CAI, aem CAI, stock, pod (short ram) with heat shield - all my own dyno graphs performed under controlled environment

take my adivse or leave it...

look mate, if you are going to come around here telling us to listen to you, then, when asked for some results, you tell us to "find answers for yourself", what are we meant to think?

i certainly don't need to hear from you, that i should look things up myself, the whole reason for me questioning your logic is that your statements pretty much contradict every chart and write up i've seen- when looking things up for myself.

Doods...regardless of HOW MANY CAI"s leading up to your throttle body...REGARDLESS of how many resonators you "take out"...a car WILL NOT allow any more amount of air into its induction stroke - its computer controlled by teh ECU.
    BUT !!! the more "cold air" there is present at the butterfly ( throttle) - the better - as COLD air is more dense than HOT air - and thus equaliates to the same amount but more compressed air into the induction, and more efficient engine cycle.( MORE power ? i really doubt it :P)

Yes. Umm , So , just take off all those resonators- as it saves about 1kg of plastic weight ! LOL

More or less- feel free to correct me- but that is a basic understanding.

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    man it sounds like everyone thinks they know more than the others. some pplz think they are expert at car mods. I really dont know, ginganggooly says the after market stuff use no resonators so surely they must be doing something right other wise they would come with resonators. But i would really like to know the physics or concepts behind the resonator, not just the fact that they reduce noise.
    Jansenrw can you explain the concepts behind it to me, im interested. always open for other opinions and theory behind things.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    FWIW: Aftermarket CAI's are generally 24"~28" inches in length, thereby negating the affectivity of a resonator.
    Diameter plays an important part also.

BTW: Nice pissing competition…
    Why not move on to the critical importance of “Reynolds numbers” next?
    :P
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au