Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R

Suspension for dc5s

Hey guys. i'm looking to get some suspension coil overs for my car! Type S 2005.
    Here are the options i'm looking at:

Buddy Club N+ ($1800)
    TIEN Flex ($2500) Expenisve hey?
    Or TIEN Super Street ($1900)

Can you guys tell me any experiances with these, or what u have heard.

My application is Daily driving. No track days. so comfort is important, however i like nice handling too, and sticking to roads. However i don't like my car bounching like crazy and coins flying everywhere, and taking out my kidneys. But then again, i want a firm ISH ride. I know they are contracdictive guys. Let me know what u reccomend. Thanks all

N+ is my vote. Just IMO

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    N+ is my vote. Just IMO
    Thanks. And if all goes good, i'll buy em and get you to install them too for me =)

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    N+ has not adjustable camber tops if you are looking at playing with Camber.

I personally have owned Tein Flex and probably would not go back to it, I found the suspension stroke and damper not as good as Buddyclub Racing Spec and HKS Hipermax 2 ( both of which I've owned and used )

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post

I personally have owned Tein Flex and probably would not go back to it, I found the suspension stroke and damper not as good as Buddyclub Racing Spec and HKS Hipermax 2 ( both of which I've owned and used )
    Do i need camber adjustment if i'm just going to lower the car so i have a finger gap between the gaurd and the wheels. i'm not going to SLAM it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post

do you happen to know the relevant rates of the n+ , ss and HA ?

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    spring rates if your interested

tein ss front 6kg/mm rear 9kg/mm

tein mono flex front 7kg/mm rear 10kg/mm

buddy club N+ front 10kg/mm rear 14kg/mm

not 100% on the buddy's but the teins i'm sure
    I'd rather walk way from something saying "that was too hard" than walk away saying "that was too easy"
    ***GREEK PRIDE METER***
    █████████████████████ 100%

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    These are the Japanese Tein specs ( Please note there is a AU/US version of the Flex with softer spring rates , not sure about the SS )

Tein Flex - F=8.0 R=10.0 (kg/mm)
    Tein SS - F=6.0 R=9.0 (kg/mm)
    Tein Mono Flex - F=7 R=10 (kg/mm)

No info on HA as its d/c and wasn't a great coilover to recommend for the DC5 in the first place.

BC N+ - F10K R14K
    BC RSD - F=10, R=16

Now with the BC RSD even with stiffer spring rates I found it to have much better damper absorption compared to the flex due to its mono tube design allowing a larger damper piston to be used.

Now I've also heard people praise the Mono flex to be much better than the Flex due to a similar design to the racing spec.

However I would still not recommend Tein as I found that considering they are a major suspension company they could not do a simple thing for teh DC5 suspension which was create lower connecting arms to teh steering rods, which Buddy club and Ohlins are able to do so.

With a higher arm when the DC5 is lowered the steering arms rest at an awkward angle contributing to poorer steering response and bumpsteer.

Tein's arms are awfully high, so i found this to be a poor design overlooked by such a major sussy company.
    Last edited by Chi; 02-09-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    N+ is my vote. Just IMO
    +1

have N+ in my DC5R. Good value for money and does the job.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Vivid Blue 05 Type S!
    Sorry to change topic, but i am also considering the BC coilovers but have been informed on ongoing costs when buying coil overs. I have been advised they every 1-3 years you need to take the sussy in for a service. Not sure of price of service.

Is this correct?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    So i think i will go with N+ over TEIN guys. cause N+ got the better connecting arms right? when car is lowered???? do i need to buy the arms seperatly or do they come with the N+ kit?

I had N+ in my old EM1 and found them to be pretty much as stiff/bumpy as I could handle for a daily driver, if they were any stiffer they would have been getting the boot.

If you are only looking at lowering the car, I would go with a good spring/shock combo.