Thread: Civic ES1

Civic ES1

Hey guys,

I have a Honda Civic ES1 (7th Generation) and was thinking of changing headunits but i can't seem to find out how to take the old out. I have tried looking on the net, but it shows different models of civic.

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience in taking one out or know how to take one out?

Thanks
    JDM - Way of Life?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    what year is the 7th Gen?
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Its the 2002 model.
    JDM - Way of Life?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    nah i got no idea, i know i'd be able to work it out if i had the thing in front of me...

my mother has a 2005 model civic, dont know what gen that is either, but if its anything like it its bloody easy
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Would your mum's car by any chance look like this?

or

JDM - Way of Life?

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    yes its easy as eating cake.

search www.civicforums.com and theres a thread on how to do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    yeah sort of, looks like little differences, but still very easy

Would you perhaps show me how to take it out?
    I have only managed to take the handbrake console out.
    JDM - Way of Life?

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    then you've managed the first step...

after that console, you will need to undo the screw behind the ashtray and pull out the cigarette lighter / ashtray panel and undo the wirings.

next, you need to remove two bolts holding the centre panel bracket in place. There is no easy way to describe where these bolts are. Basically, you will need to put your head down to look up under the dash and look for a metal bracket held by two 8mm bolts. Undo these and put aside..

After that you can start pushing the centre panel out from inside. Some might say that you can pry the panel from the dash but dont, or you might scratch your dash. Be careful not to loose any clips while doing this and you will also need to remove all the wiring harness before you can take out the stereo panel. If I remember correctly there should be 4 harnesses including the stereo harness.

and you're done.. just unscrew the 4 screws holding the OEM unit in place and install your new headunit..