Thread: DC5 Rev Limiter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Del Sol

DC5 Rev Limiter

ive done a few searcher but cant find anything.
    is there any way of gettin rid of/ cut out higher the rev limiter on a Aus spec DC5R?
    cood the JDM ECU make it cut out higher?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    y would u want to do that????????????

anyways, my mate has mugen ecu and it has no revlimiter.........lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    i dont want it 2 cut out at 8K, want it 2 rev higher.
    hmm, mugen ecu sounds good but not a fan of aftermarket thangs

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Your not a fan of aftermarket things... but you want your car to rev higher... rriiiigggghhhhtttt....

Why do you want it to rev higher? Is your engine still stock? (seeing as you don't like modifications)

Rev limiter is there for a reason, and is set at 8200rpm. K20a2 in stock form dosn't make any more power after about 8000ish, and the valve train isn't built to go much over that. The K20a (JDM) revs out to 9000rpm, but has differant valves, retainers, cams etc... so can cope with the extra load.

If you want to rev the car out more for power gains (not that you really need to) get a Hondata and get the car tuned correctly.

If you want to rev the car out more so you can say "my car like totally revs to 9000rpm", sell it and buy a DC2r.

Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    Your not a fan of aftermarket things... but you want your car to rev higher... rriiiigggghhhhtttt....

Why do you want it to rev higher? Is your engine still stock? (seeing as you don't like modifications)

Rev limiter is there for a reason, and is set at 8200rpm. K20a2 in stock form dosn't make any more power after about 8000ish, and the valve train isn't built to go much over that. The K20a (JDM) revs out to 9000rpm, but has differant valves, retainers, cams etc... so can cope with the extra load.

If you want to rev the car out more for power gains (not that you really need to) get a Hondata and get the car tuned correctly.

If you want to rev the car out more so you can say "my car like totally revs to 9000rpm", sell it and buy a DC2r.

OR even better get a S2000 then u'll be able to rev to 9,000rpm with out going over redline :P
    Sorry officer i didn't hear your sirens over my VTEC

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    2 words, dont bother
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    see if your car can rev to 10k rpm when u get the rev cut installed
    interested if it can go that high

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    ive done a few searcher but cant find anything.
    is there any way of gettin rid of/ cut out higher the rev limiter on a Aus spec DC5R?
    cood the JDM ECU make it cut out higher?
    Like others mention......K20A2 didn't make any power after 8500rpm....so there is no point to make it rev higher.....unless you go aftermarket.....if you dun like aftermarket parts....stay stock.....

Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    y would u want to do that????????????

anyways, my mate has mugen ecu and it has no revlimiter.........lol
    Mugen do have Rev Limiter......its either 8600rpm or 9200 rpm.....
    Mugen Whore #2

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    buy a dc2