Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Ceiling trim coming off on civic sport

For anyone here who has the civic sport, anyone have the ceiling trim come off? Both driver and passenger sides where the trim meets the rubber edge/window. I have taken it back to Honda and they said its because of the airbags which stretches it so they tucked it back in. 2 days later it comes back out again.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MPR55CIV View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Take it back again...

Thanks Speedcore...LOL

I was wanting to know if anyone had the same problem or is it only me. And if so what did they do to fix it as I will be taking it back this week.

Cheers

Yes, but only a 1cm section above the driver's side door. This is bec the mechanic didn't shove it back in after installing the bluetooth appliance.

They tried tucking it back in on the first service but it has since come out again.

hmm not too sure what you mean here... any pics?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    CBF250
    i know what he means, but generally its caused by moisture seeping into the car and effecting the glue/adhesive, did u leave ur windows open on a cold night or anything like that?
    I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    Quote Originally Posted by speedcore View Post
    take it back again...
    why didnt i think of that!?!?!

Thanks for the replies.

Its like stitches have come undone. where the cloth meets the rubber and tucks under it just above the side of your head. 1cm in size.

Honda said they will have to replace the whole ceiling trim. i don't like the idea of that as it may fall apart after a few years.

I don't know what to do. Should I go ahead with it?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CBF250
    if u dont wanna replace it do a DIY, then replace it in another year when that fails

Look Speedcore, I'm kinda new to this so if you think I'm being stupid then u don't have to reply. Simple as that. Its not compulsary that u have to reply. if u have no comment or u think its stupid then ignore it.
    the reason why I'm asking here is that its a Honda forum and maybe someone here does have the same issue and had got it fixed and I just want to know what was done to fix it. And if someone here did have the whole trim replaced what was the outcome? Good or bad? i don't even know why u have the need to reply with those comments and gestures?

Thanks to those who replied with good intentions.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBF250
    lol ull learn quickly man, half the people on here dont actually help anyone and just like to spam shit to make people look like idiots, ignore the dickheads, sift thro to the good info, and in most cases, just call up a dealership/interrior place and they will give u better advice anyways