Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3
    mate ive owned one, and i can give you the goods and bad points. the only bad is, its a two stroke/ and it will get hot if you siting in traffic/ which sucks b##ls. good points nice light bike to ride, you ll smoke any one on a 250/400 four stroke. they dont kick hard like the new bikes. they have a 2 stage power band so the power band comes on smooth. it doesnt kick like a dirt bike. and for speed specs they top out at around 200 and will get there no quicker than a 2006 ss commodore. good for a high 14/low 15 sec quater.

i owned one and put a custom rear end and custom corona race replica paint job with a few mods. exhaust ect/ect and i sold it for 2800 2 yrs ago so dont pay to much for them. shop around and get it checked out even if it looks great and has a safety cert.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    ^but hez after a newer model

around 98

no more than 5k right?
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    You get way too little bang for your buck on 250s. Just go buy a 600, noone sticks with a 250 for a long period of time. They're so over priced for what they are equivalent 600's go for less and are so much more bike.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbs View Post
    You get way too little bang for your buck on 250s. Just go buy a 600, noone sticks with a 250 for a long period of time. They're so over priced for what they are equivalent 600's go for less and are so much more bike.
    Just the fact that I'm a skinny asian and very n00b.

I don't think that going for a 600 right off the bat is going to be a good idea.

lol bludger souunds like his taking the piss out of yous hahaa
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbs View Post
    do u know anything about 2 stroke 250s????

the rgv250 is like the 2nd fastest 250 in the world

it makes like almost twice as much power in SOME cases to 4 stroke 250s

does around 60bhp sound like a little?

the rgv is also illegal for learners......

and besides, i still think going for a 600 to begin with is crazy, u cant just go to something that powerful with no experience

would u give an 18 year old an sti for a first car???

thats still half as bad as a 600cc for a learner, at least the sti is awd and has 4 wheels

the 600cc bike is just as fast, and weighs 1/8 or so, and only has 2 wheels, its completley retarded decision in evry possible way
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

agreed. turbo is a walk in the park compared to riding a 600

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    i think also, it depends on the rider, if they are conservative and repsonsible ( i know, which young full blooded testostrone filled male is) but you can handle it. you can eve take on a 1000 if you wanted to it just depends... is all in the wrist lol

agreed. depends how responsible you are. hence the 30 year old rule

no fkn way i can handle a 600 yet, let alone a 1000

I hopped onto my old mans "Honda Rebel", its only a 250 and god damn i was shaky.

I'm going to get my jacket, helmet & gloves. Then start riding the Rebel for a lil while.

then I'll get the RGV, RGV's have a special place in my heart remember.....

I owned one overseas, even though it was an RGV120 and was a scooter.....

like ive ridden a few of the 600s, imo if your responsible enough for your own actions and know the price of life and a broken bike you will take it easy =) but when you get cocky, thats when the danger comes in. likewise with the litre bikes

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    you guys are right 600 or 1000s there all the same really the only difference between them is 1000 is heavier and has more touque. my matee had a suzki gsxr 2003 600 that did a 10.9 and in the broucher they said they do 11.3 lol guys on r1's where like what the f#$k. the r1s where doing 10.5 - 11s.

if you have the coin go an aprillia 250 2stroke same as the rgv motor but the next development. 3 stage power band, tops out around 230 and gets there quicker then an rgv. the guys are right if you are diciplined enough get a four stroke 600 and spend a bit more and get more bang for ya buck. but hey if you love the rgv get it. i loved them 5 yrs ago so i got one .

any more questions ask away ive owned one and a mate owned one with a 50 shot of nitros, great bike and no matter what 2 stroke ya on for the displacment they will allways produce 2 times the power of the four strokes ( just look at the dirt bikes)
    11.41@119 mile ALL MOTOR street chassis

K series parts whore

FFamily