Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003

Not much bass from back speakers

Hey fellas been awhile since i've been in this side of the forums :P i just got my amp and sub removed yesterday so iam back to headunit + stock front 6inch euro speakers and + rear 6x9's stock euro speakers, anyway it feels like there isnt as much bass coming out as there use to be before i installed the sub and amp, could they have changed some setting so that not as much bass comes out of the 6x9's so it doesnt interfere with the sub bass? if so how can i change ti back to normal i want some dam rear bass!! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    try the settings on the headunit first. try the fading and all that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    try the settings on the headunit first. try the fading and all that.
    yeah i did put bass and treb on full and put mid on 6 out of 8.. the only things i havent touched is the high pass filter and low pass filter for front and rear which i have a feeling has something to do with this
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    you cannot be serious..

you took out the sub and now you're wondering why you havent got much subass....

did you think the 6x9s could replace the subby for bass??

no hpf'ing or eq'ing can make your 6x9's magically play the lows as efficiently as your sub..

i think i made my point.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    umm lol i didnt say i wanted it to sound like my sub buddy i said it doesnt sound like it did before i put the sub in, thats why iam asking could they of changed some settings or something... you made no point cause it wasnt even relevant to what i was asking you big headed idiot

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    the way you wrote your op made it sound like thats the case..

maybe lower your hpf then. simple simple.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    oo so lower hpf = more bass? LOL i was turning them up thinking they would be better

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    if you lower your hpf for the rears then the lower frequencies (subbass) will be sent to them.

now.. you've got stock rears, how low can they go before blowing from being fed too much subbass?? your gonna find out soon..

whats the hpf set at atm?? any slope as well??

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    yeah its got like a slope diagram thing as well i put the hpf for the rear to 40hz now sounds a bit better i guess

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    40hz is pretty damn low.. i wouldnt turn it up too loud anytime soon.

if your gonna set it at 40hz then have a steep roll-off slope too

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    kk cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    no probs