Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    yes, go to o'brien. I had a stone chip on my windscreen as well and got it fixed through o'brien, and now hardly can be seen from outside, only visible from inside at certain angle. But it can't be too small, and it can't be too big. cost $100 I think, can't remember exactly, but not overly expensive. I can certainly recommend it.

oh, and put a cellotape on the stone chip to prevent more dust coming in/sticking on the crack surface until you get it fixed.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Had mine fixed @ Instant Windscreen. Mine was a star crack about 1cm and it looked bad and serious. They injected some stuff into it and now it looks like a dot. Barely visible. They charged me $75.

Yep, Instant Windscreen FTW. Second choice would be O'Briens.

If it's only minor then a repair should suffice.. if it's pretty big, and your windscreen has heaps of sandblasting anyway, sounds to me like a good excuse for a shiny new flawless windscreen

yea it's really really minor, the crack's about 1cm and it's a straight line, hopefully getting it fixed soon..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornzzz View Post
    yea it's really really minor, the crack's about 1cm and it's a straight line, hopefully getting it fixed soon..
    Fix straight line cracks ASAP. They spread very quickly.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by clayton4115 View Post
    i had a chip on my car a few months ago following a car on the freeway, there is nothing you can do to avoid such a thing happening, just take it to your local windscreens obrien place, they did mine for $85.
    hate it when you are driving and then some semi needs to overtake a slower car..
    and then all it's wheels throw bits of rocks and you hear it hitting your car..
    god!!!

just try and stay far from any car especially on dirty roads
    haha

So where's this instant windscreen place?? Googled it and came up with preston and moorabin.. is this the place you guys are talking about?

Went on o'brien website, and it states that to repair a windscreen it might cost a third of a new windscreen.. :S

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornzzz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Fix straight line cracks ASAP. They spread very quickly.
    They certainly do. Especially with heat cycling. Like when its really hot during the day and really cold at night.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Rust Bucket
    i think you should try claim it on insurance man, otherwise i think they try and fix it using heat and sometimes you get tiny bubbles in the glass.... :S looks worse than the chip. This happened with my bros corrolla, the glass has bubbles and it just looks retarted IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Heat? They would have to heat it bloody hot!!!
    btw, they use glue and vacuum.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2 std man
    I recently wanted a minor windscreen repair in Melb southern suburbs, range National Windscreens, who put me onto Knights windscreen repairs (since Natioal no longer do repairs). When the guy from Knights saw it, he said it was too small a chip to repair, i.e., would look worse if repaired. (I only asked because it was in driver's field of view.) Anyway, I took this to be a good sign, i.e., they were honest enough not to do unnecessary work. The guy from Knights is called Noel, his number is 0418-325-852 and he'll put you onto the nearest person in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Insurance claim will cost more than the repair job.....
    Unless you get free windscreen every year.
    Not for me.....

If only the windscreen or window glass in your vehicle is damaged as the result of an event, you will not have to pay any excess for that claim, even if an excess would otherwise apply. the cover is limited to one claim per insurance period.