Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window tint %

Member Array
    Car:
    Rust Bucket

Window tint %

Hey guys im thinking about tinting my euro, it is the Graphite color.

Just asking around to see what percentage of tint you guys have if you could post some photos that would be sweet.

I dont really wanna settle for 35% "the legal limit" so im just wondering what would be nice without going to dark, i dont wanna have to put my window down to see at night you know... AND i dont wanna get pulled over by the cops lol

Im thinking 20% but not sure if anyone has 20% on their car could i see a pic plz

Cheers guys

Pauly

I haven't got any pictures to help you that are Euro specific, but I have had all my cars tinted and can share my most recent experiences.

Ok; my Tiida I had 20% (darker than legal) tinting applied. I believe this is the best "darker then legal" tint to go for - it looks really dark from the outside but you can still see out pretty clearly from inside. Any darker would be stupid. The downside is, your insurance can be void.

Here's a pic of 20%:

not too dark, not too light, just right. But, unfortunately not legal.

With this in mind, when getting my gf's Corolla tinted recently I got 35% tint done. Thing is though, there are different types of films available and some can still look really dark from the outside whilst still being legal. If you're in Sydney, speak to Martin from Groundzero Window Tinting (0424725250) he does an excellent job at unbeatable prices. His films are top quality and he's done the best tint jobs I've seen.

I don't have a picture of the Corolla, but it is very similar in darkness from outside the vehicle to the 20% tint on the Tiida, but its a lot lighter to look through from inside the vehicle. (Note; the film on the Tiida was from a different tint guy) and the best bit is it's completely legal and insurance friendly.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Bob the Tinter @ picnic point (Sydney) - ex solace owner
    PM me if you want his number

18% done on my euro.

Will take a photo for you tomorrow when there is light cause i don't think it'll turn out as the light isn't too bright but i can try.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by akina View Post
    w000t 35% is sexy enough

yeh but wait til you check it out i reckon.
    35% is too light IMO.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    honda
    hey dop3y im glad ur happy with my tint job ive done to ur rolla....

this is a example of 15% tint

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    35% tint on my CU2:

I would have gone 20% but the missus talked me out of it. 35% is not dark enough!!!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Quote Originally Posted by akina View Post
    w000t 35% is sexy enough

DAMN need sunglasses that what you do with your spare time

I can see the reflection of the sydney harbour bridge from here off your car man

Member Array
    Car:
    Rust Bucket
    Cheers guys

Yes 20% looks good dopey so that might be the go, also i might do a combination of 20% for the rears and 35% for the front windows, what do ya think of that ?

Thanks for all the pics guys has helped me a lot

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    My tint is here on my Jazz (20% front and rear, 10% rear quarters).
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=62

My Euro has 35% all round. Jazz is heaps better, Euro not dark enough for sure. I have pics but I can't get into my photobucket account to check. It looks the same as Type R +ve's darkness though.

The thread with my Jazz in it has heaps of cars with different tints.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Honestly though the problem with 20% or 15% tint isn't seeing out, and it's not the cops --- it's really not that dark. The problem is your insurance. IF god forbid, you were involved in an accident, the insurer will go over your car with a fine tooth comb - they could very well just void your claim, especially if you were at fault.

I had no problem seeing out of my 20% tints at night in the wet with the windows up.

Taking the risk is up to you.. I'm pretty sure I will get 20% or 15% on my CU2 but I may be very tempted to just stick with the same 35% tint from TGZ80Y I've got on the Corolla as well just for peace of mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda
    hey dop3y did u buy cu2?