Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R

Missing engine component

Hey guys I was changing my Bulbs to Nightbreakers then I realised something was missing in my engine bay when 2 steel cables weren't connected to anything.

Here's a pic, there's supposed to be something between the power steering reservoir and windscreen washer fluid reservoir right?

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r CW
    i think someone stole your vtak br0 what part of the car are the cables coming from one of the pics didnt work?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Yeh I think something to do with AC.. can someone please check their EK/EM1 or knows what it is? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    wendi is missing Yo

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    your receiver dryer for your A/C is missing also the nuts on your engine mount bracket have been fitted incorrectly.
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgeauto View Post
    your receiver dryer for your A/C is missing also the nuts on your engine mount bracket have been fitted incorrectly.
    Holy crap lol guess whoever I bought the car off was super dodgy ._________. umm how would it affect me if I use the air con without it and how are the nuts supposed to be fitted mate? Thanks for your help!

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    Your A/C won't work with out it. On the bracket there should be 2 taller nuts and 1 shorter nut, the 2 taller nuts should be on the engine bracket and the shorter nut should be on the engine mount. If the shorter nut is used on the engine bracket it will bottom out on the stud and not tighten the bracket.
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    So if I take it to mechanic he could fix this all up aye? So it's not that safe to drive now as it is right? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    Quote Originally Posted by RtN View Post
    So if I take it to mechanic he could fix this all up aye? So it's not that safe to drive now as it is right? Thanks
    If they have to gear to work on A/Cs it shouldn't be to hard for them to do as long as that's the only problem. Shouldn't be to bad to drive but best to get it fixed. Also looking at the pic the clamp needs to put back on the power steering reservoir too LOL.
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Ahaha yeh thanks mate you a mechanic or something? =]

Well I kinda don't get the thing about the engine mount it looks like the service manual here:

The bolt on the left isactually sharp ended like the one in the manual except it looks flat in the picture coz of angle and colour
    Last edited by RtN; 13-09-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    Have a look at your car, if the nut thats not in the pic is the same as the others its all good but if its shorter it need to be changed with right hand 1 in the pic.
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE