Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radiator

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

Radiator

hey all,

i open my hood today to find that i have coolant everywhere in my engine bay and the reserve tank is empty.. i thought it may have been my radiator cap but i just replaced that 3months ago. on closer inspection it was a small hair line crack near the cap.

my question is can this crack be fixed? or should i replace it? if i do need to replace it do i go for a genuine honda radiator? or a non genuine? or even a high performance radiator?

how much am i looking to buy for those options?

thanks everyone.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Repair it mate, it is a simple job. Just braze it up (oxy welding) It will take you under a minute.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like you got a plastic radiator, there prone to cracking the top tank, if it is plastic you cant braze it up or glue it up, you dont need to change the entire radiator either, take it to a radiator place and they will remove your radiator and clean it and replace the top tank and o ring, non genuine tanks are ok, you should get change from $200 on this Job. mkae sure they use Honda Collant when they refill it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    ive seen "all metal" radiators on ebay.. duno if theres any available..depending on wat car you got..
    and i had that problem too.. i just replaced the top tank..

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    I have a Integra VtiR 94.. sorry i didn't state that eariler... so it can be repaired? sweet...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by traumatized
    I have a Integra VtiR 94.. sorry i didn't state that eariler... so it can be repaired? sweet...
    is it metel or plastic end tanks? If it is plastic, and you have the spare cash, now might be an ideal time to upgrade. You will have to spend the money anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive
    is it metel or plastic end tanks? If it is plastic, and you have the spare cash, now might be an ideal time to upgrade. You will have to spend the money anyway.

when you say upgrade? waht do you recommend? how much roughly? i dont know if its metal or not tp be honest with you it seems to be the brown plastic. its just a genuine honda radiator.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I thinks an Aluminium radiator would suffice, Fluidyne in USA makes a good one. You should be able to get it sent to Australia for under $600. These are all aluminium and high quality. I had one on my DC2 type R and recommend them. This Might be cheaper than going OEM replacement (you only need an end tank). These are a straight fit.

www.streetrays.com sends to Australia and you could have one of these Fluidyne aluminium radiators for $385USD + about $90USD for shipping. This is about $650AUD. They also have C&R racing aluminium radiators (big name for turbo drag Honda's) but they are about $500USD.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    94 teg has plastic end tanks, erplace top tank and all will be good for another 5 to 7 years.

Member Array
    Car:
    Falling apart ED
    I agree with ECU MAN, there's no point upgrading your radiator when your stock one is doing a perfect job, Just get your current one repaired and spend the other money elsewhere.

Side note; ECUMAN why do you say make sure they use genuine honda coolant? I have always used nulon and havent had a problem, no leaks and pump is perfect?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    nothing wrong with oem

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufes1
    I agree with ECU MAN, there's no point upgrading your radiator when your stock one is doing a perfect job, Just get your current one repaired and spend the other money elsewhere.

Side note; ECUMAN why do you say make sure they use genuine honda coolant? I have always used nulon and havent had a problem, no leaks and pump is perfect?
    nulon is crap. eeeeeeeeewwww green dye.