Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    Budget is not an issue but preferably in the 5-7k region which would either be a 2nd hand cbr250 or even cbr125 for cheap sake.
    Well if your after a sports, check out an RVF400, LAMS approved, awesome bike and will retain its value. You can def find them in that price bracket if you look hard enough. Dont spend that much on a CBR250...

2 - regards to provisional scheme does that make a difference to if you already have an FULLS australian drivers licence? I thought i read that you can be exempt if you hold one. Correct me if i am wrong please? But you still need to do the P's training and test but will go straight onto full.
    You can check this thread for any info on the new P plate laws. If you are turning 25, you will only need to do your P's up to that date (as long as your full license holder) and then you can go and get un-restricted. If you are over 25 you only need to do 1 year of P reds. If you are over 30, AFAIK only L's need to be done

3 - yes, to and from work will be most likely travelling 1hr each way as a daily. What would you suggest?
    and what's the best step in taking on for a license?
    e.g Do the training course and get the cert, then go to RTA and do the L's; then buy the bike?
    SB's will be bit harsh on the arms, neck and back after a while, but depends on your height, im 6 ft 2 and ive got a bad back, but long rides dont phase me much. Everyone is different though. And I wouldnt commit myself to buying a bike before I got my L's, id use that time im waiting for the training course to find a bike. Nothing worse that making a rush decision because you are too keen to ride... and you end up with a shitter. Take somebody that is experienced in riding along with you and if you cant do that, get a mech to look over it, or search the forums for issues and things to look out for when buying a bike.
    Last edited by Twincam16; 28-05-2009 at 05:49 PM.
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Cheers, for that.

Yeh i don't agree on a bike with quite bit of mileage on it and still at that range. Should only be about 2-3k by then.

No i am only 5'8 so shouldn't be too much of a hassle and the P's issue i will be 25 next yr so not that long.

yeh RVF400 might be the way to go and just take it easy first few months.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    Im getting my Bike license in the next couple weeks and i want the Ducati600ss ... Im a sucker for the L twin but theres not that many around, anyone know the prices on a service for a ducati?
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1-70Y
    You also forgot one more bike that just released the Yamaha YZFR125

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1-70Y
    And also the new suzuki gladius LAM approved

Member Array
    Car:
    Garden snail
    Quote Originally Posted by Twincam16 View Post

You can check this thread for any info on the new P plate laws. If you are turning 25, you will only need to do your P's up to that date (as long as your full license holder) and then you can go and get un-restricted. If you are over 25 you only need to do 1 year of P reds. If you are over 30, AFAIK only L's need to be done
    im goin for my l in about 2 weeks time.. turning 25 at the end of the year.. so after i get me L n 3 months later i go for my p, when i turn 25 i can go to unrestricted licence straight away or i stil have to stay on my red for 1 yr?