Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD3S RX-7

Compliance for FD2R

hello
    i live in japan and i really would like to get my hands on an FD2R soon to import back to melbourne next year.
    i would like to know if anybody has any information on where i would be able to compliance the car.
    thanks for ur time!

regards
    mike

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic VTi
    you have to live in japan with the car registered under your name for at least 1 year...before you can get compliance

Member Array
    Car:
    BCNR33
    assuming your living there for a year etc etc and bringing it over using personal import. in that case, the car doesn't need to go into compliance because its just a direct import under the scheme. however, you'll need alot of sufficient paperwork claiming that you've owned and driven the vehicle. these includes rego of the vehicle, insurance, parking permits, servicing, receipt to prove the date of purchase and a whole lot of other little shit.
    you better do alot of research because the aus gov is very anal about this. you don't wanna come back with the vehicle after 12 months and getting rejected by dotars. its better safe than sorry
    Daily: '06 Honda Civic Vti | Weekend: '97 Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    the car still need compliance but not to the extend of SEVS.

my friend just bought back a RX8 (WTF) and he got raped with import duty. apparently Customs didn't agree with the purchase price (supported by geninue invoice) and got an accessor to value the car. the cost for valuation alone with $400 and i think he had to pay around $4k for duty/GST alone.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    The OP asked a question about where he can get the car complied, not what he needs to do in order to get it complied.

geezz...learn to read.

The OP has lived in japan for the last 3 years and previously had an rx7 imported which is complied and on road via the personal import scheme.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic VTi
    uh i know how to read and it doesn't say anywhere that "The OP has lived in japan for the last 3 years and previously had an rx7 imported which is complied and on road via the personal import scheme."

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by dannybubu View Post
    uh i know how to read and it doesn't say anywhere that "The OP has lived in japan for the last 3 years and previously had an rx7 imported which is complied and on road via the personal import scheme."
    me too...
    btw..bring it on !!! the only FD2R in aussie
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit