Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    Nope.The Honda iPod integration is pretty basic. Funny thing is I was pretty unhappy with it at first and was considering ripping the entire head unit out and getting the double DIN fascia from the UK. Of course, after actually living with it I realised i don't really need to see what track is playing. I've set up six playlists and I generally just play them randomized. Having said that I find myself turning the music off and listening to the VTEC anway.

So if you just want lots of music played back the Honda integration is great. If you want proper iPod integration you will have to spend a lot more than $1000 - Import FN2 Double DIN Fascia, original head unit relocation (for climate control), new double DIN headunit, etc.
    lol im going a lot easier than that, as i said the dension GW300 for $370, that one even claims to be able to display song infos as well as steering wheel controls. and i believe its plug n play just like the honda ipod kit. i also thought of getting a double din but i realised thats way beyond my ability to do the wirings, and i'd wana save the mod fun to myself

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiHayashi View Post
    lol im going a lot easier than that, as i said the dension GW300 for $370
    I just checked out the unit online - seems pretty cool, will be a bitch to install though me thinks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiHayashi View Post
    lol im going a lot easier than that, as i said the dension GW300 for $370, that one even claims to be able to display song infos as well as steering wheel controls. and i believe its plug n play just like the honda ipod kit. i also thought of getting a double din but i realised thats way beyond my ability to do the wirings, and i'd wana save the mod fun to myself
    There's no kit available that shows any id3 tags on the fn2 stereo. It's not because of the ipod cable rather it's a limitation on the honda headunit as the cd changer port that it uses doesn't not have any text capabilities. The only benefit of going with the GW300 is having a usb port over the GW100.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken View Post
    There's no kit available that shows any id3 tags on the fn2 stereo. It's not because of the ipod cable rather it's a limitation on the honda headunit as the cd changer port that it uses doesn't not have any text capabilities. The only benefit of going with the GW300 is having a usb port over the GW100.
    yet its good enough as i was confirmed from the supplier that GW300 is chargable on iphone, i look thru the songs thru iphone anyway.

i had a similar issue with my radio cutting out every few mins, i just played with some of the buttons and its not cutting out anymore, i think its got something to do with the "TP" or "TA" setting, just make sure its off and that should stop the radio from cutting out every few mins... i think its coz one of those settings (TA or TP, not sure which one?) is a "traffic announcment" setting, the only place i know that uses that is within the M5 tunnel, to notify drivers of any incidents in the tunnel over the radio...

hope that helps...
    2008 Honda Civic Type R [FN2] K20Z4 DOHC i-VTEC @ 5,600 RPM
    *Power: 198 bhp (201 PS, 148 kW) @ 7800 rpm*Torque: 142 ft·lbf (193 N·m) @ 5600 rpm*Redline: 8200 rpm*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CTR FN2R
    yer i noticed the same problem with my car. mentioned it to the honda dealer at my 6 monthly service and he said he hadnt heard of it before and that id need to bring it back for them to have a proper look into it. but it hasnt happened since tho....
    Quote Originally Posted by James The Wog View Post
    what is a FN2r worth?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic TypeR '07 FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadust77 View Post
    i had a similar issue with my radio cutting out every few mins, i just played with some of the buttons and its not cutting out anymore, i think its got something to do with the "TP" or "TA" setting, just make sure its off and that should stop the radio from cutting out every few mins... i think its coz one of those settings (TA or TP, not sure which one?) is a "traffic announcment" setting, the only place i know that uses that is within the M5 tunnel, to notify drivers of any incidents in the tunnel over the radio...

hope that helps...
    Oh wow i get it. Ill have to play around with it. This sound like a problem related to me. The gf and i are forever fighting over the radio station in the car, wouldn't be surprised if she's done something.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic TypeR '07 FN2
    So what are these Dension Gw300's exactly?