Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    When TDI did all there testing with the different mods quickest they could get was 7.2 for there stock FN2

anyway i just want to say this

hopefully my thread does not encourage fn owner or other peoples to try this at home

if you do, then you deserve to be call "hopeless"

personally, i dont want to prove "myself" whether or not my car can do 6.7s, because the truth is out there,
    i rather read the fact or review, because this guy know what they doing, their profession,
    like euro08jaz said, they are liar, thats fine
    i respect your opinion, i have nothing to argue with

so yeah, hopefully my thread doesnt effect other peoples to do stupid thing
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by bodaas View Post
    anyway i just want to say this

hopefully my thread does not encourage fn owner or other peoples to try this at home

if you do, then you deserve to be call "hopeless"

personally, i dont want to prove "myself" whether or not my car can do 6.7s, because the truth is out there,
    i rather read the fact or review, because this guy know what they doing, their profession,
    like euro08jaz said, they are liar, thats fine
    i respect your opinion, i have nothing to argue with

so yeah, hopefully my thread doesnt effect other peoples to do stupid thing

Support

Oh FFS shove the magazine stats somewhere and lets see what everyday drivers can achieve, doesn't matter shit what BMI achieved or Motor or Wheels, etc... Pro Racing Drivers or experienced Motor Journos...

Lets see you take your FN2R down to WSID and run the 1/4, then we'll see what your car can achieve with your average Joe.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    hey im not calling anybody a liar, someone was asking why you were so hung up on the 0-100 and i meant that you intended to prove yourself as people didnt believe you.

dont go quoting me out of context.

i'm pretty sure aus spec fn2R's are slower, mainly because its the GT edition which has all the curtain air bag, climate control etc standard.

the regular version fn2r in UK (non gt spec) is ~70kg lighter i believe.

So i don't think Honda is lying when they say 6.6 seconds. But there is no way they could do that with an extra 70kg on board.

we can all notice the difference when we have a 70kg passenger in the car right?

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    fn2r sounds like its goin faster then it actually is.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

I would not question the claimed 6.7s at all, and I believe it. However, it's a matter of consistency. Out of 10 0-100 runs I'd say there might be 1-2 under 7s runs. So conclusion is it's achievable, but not easy and a tad optimistic. Whereas if you drive like a golf gti, lot's of people can do better than the claimed 7.2s without much effort.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    So.. a rather large car company most people on here seem to worship blindly, just happen to have got the 0-100 times wrong in the FN2 PR material by over a second.

And, they have decided to keep it wrong for over a year now.

That makes almost as much sense as people believing there is an actual Type R philosophy and its not marketing spin.. hang on.

LOL.

mate, i think you will notice, the majority of us do not worship honda blindly. in fact, imo a good percentage of us users, respect and enjoy other car makes aswell. in my experience, a lot more than other car make forums.

anywho. i agree, that the 6.6 second time, should not be used in Australia. Unless Aus are also offering the edition without curtain airbags etc as standard, then they shouldn't be marketing the performances specs from it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    anywho. i agree, that the 6.6 second time, should not be used in Australia. Unless Aus are also offering the edition without curtain airbags etc as standard, then they shouldn't be marketing the performances specs from it.
    i agree good point
    Triangular exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    I've never seen people go to the lengths that FN2 owners would to convince people that their car isn't slow.