Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    just got some materials forming involved. Forged metal is harder and have higher hardness rating. expensive forming process (high pressure or hydraulic press). some of the forged metal is more brittle than casting metal.

Casting is cheap to manufacturing but also got some good things. casting and cooling in room temperautre the metal particles join slow and become more ductuility but less hardness and heavier. Also casting metal is much more easier for machining.

When a wheel hit something,
    the forged wheel will crack and break, smash into many small parts. you will see on the rally race.

The casting wheel will bend or cut some section off. because higher ductility.

Let me know if I am not correct. This is just normal forged and casting forming process. I am not sure rims manufacturers forming process. May be they are much higher technology.

i think Casting rims are much safer on road or street. Due to racing, forged rims are much better because light weight.

i believe some of the casting rims are not too bad on weight.
    Accord Basic

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    depending on the application your using it.

Cast is good for racing as too for forged.
    But forged provides are stronger structural design using less metal alloy compound in the wheel.

Whereas cast uses more metal to make the design more structurally stronger, hence why most forged wheels would be slight to significantly lighter than some of the cast designs.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Theoretically, 1kg of rotational mass is about 15kg of chassis mass in the mechanical effort it takes to move it. That means if you can save 1kg of each corner in the wheels then it's equivelant to dropping a theoretic 60kg of chassis weight.

Seeing as the braking and acceleration all goes through the wheels first, this means quicker acceleration + better fuel efficiency and improved braking. The handling shouldn't be effected much at all, unless your new wheels are wider.
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    ^ wider and lower profile.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9