Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...77167887_o.jpg
    Well whats going to happen when the cl9 his 100k?
    Last edited by MR_LATE; 12-09-2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: hits
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressCoffee View Post
    I just a hope 100,000 km CU2 will last me well for the next few years. What do you guys think?
    It will, these engines easily go beyond 250,000km as long as you treat it as it deserves. Don't fang it when the engine is cold and don't miss your service intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    80k is major, 110or 20 is major.
    Yeah, looking at the service manual, every 40k is a major where they adjust valve clearances. Every 80k, the fuel filter is replaced and every 120k, the spark plugs are replaced. Similar pattern for the fluids as well.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    If your looking for fast, Honda is not for you. Nothing out of Honda's range in recent years is anywhere near fast. Fast enough is good enough. The K24 that all Euro's run is the torquiest engine Honda makes, and yet I'm happy to say torque is the one thing is lacks. But that's with all Honda engines, their designed to rev.
    One thing I find is that we get used to the torque. After driving an NC MX-5, I found that eventhough it has a better torque/weight ratio than the CL9, the engine just wouldn't increase in revs with about 50% throttle when in 2nd gear below 2000 rpm. The CL9 in comparison will still slowly accelerate, so the K24 engine does have its plusses.

If you're wondering why I'm talking about torque, it's cos torque matters low down, and KW matters at the high end. [/quote]
    Both are measuring different things. Torque production varies with RPM, so you need to look at the torque vs RPM profile. An Aurion has much more torque than a 3.0 L Commodore on paper, yet the Commodore has the majority at low RPM between 2500-4000 thus pulling harder in that range, whereas the Aurion has a majority of torque above 4000 RPM, letting it overtake the Commodore at high RPM.

kW is just the measurement of work at a particular RPM. Around the peak power, if you can keep the engine revs close to that peak power RPM for longer, the engine does more work and hence the car goes faster and further within an alloted time. On its own it means nothing, example being the Corolla Sportivo with 141kW/1225kg. Great on paper, but even a DC2 VTIR kills it with its 125kW and a worse power/weight ratio.

In theory, the CL9 should be faster, due to the sheer difference in weight (150kg give or take), while the CU2 basically has a retuned engine for better fuel econ. Those 8kw won't really matter much. The gearing is said to be shorter, which would improve the acceleration a bit, but would make it worse for long drives on FWYs. CU2 also has wider tyres which would contribute to better take off. In the end though, both will perform very similarly. So in the end, it's down to you.
    Agreed, unfortunately the weight makes the CU2 feel a bit slower than the CL9. The CU2 does make up for it in many other areas. It has a very nice interior, the wheel track is much wider than the CL9, giving it better cornering ability and it looks much more upmarket than the CL9.

If what you're after is speed and power though, look else where. I'm sure you could get a FalcoDore for similar money.
    Yes, a manual VEII SV6 would be very nice. Drove the auto for a few days and the torque and power was amazing. Shame that these cars feel very loose and rattly after 4 years, I'm on my 2nd base Commodore now and so far the pattern has been repeating consistently.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...77167887_o.jpg
    Well whats going to happen when the cl9 his 100k?
    That CU2 looks sick! What bumper is that?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It will, these engines easily go beyond 250,000km as long as you treat it as it deserves. Don't fang it when the engine is cold and don't miss your service intervals.

Yeah, looking at the service manual, every 40k is a major where they adjust valve clearances. Every 80k, the fuel filter is replaced and every 120k, the spark plugs are replaced. Similar pattern for the fluids as well.
    That's excellent news. Yeah I usually take really good care of my car and maintenance. Where do you guys service your cars? Local, Honda or do you do the basic ones yourselves?

I should ask when the last service was done when I see it today.

Op

kW is just the measurement of work at a particular RPM. Around the peak power, if you can keep the engine revs close to that peak power RPM for longer, the engine does more work and hence the car goes faster and further within an alloted time. On its own it means nothing, example being the Corolla Sportivo with 141kW/1225kg. Great on paper, but even a DC2 VTIR kills it with its 125kW and a worse power/weight ratio.

Agreed, unfortunately the weight makes the CU2 feel a bit slower than the CL9. The CU2 does make up for it in many other areas. It has a very nice interior, the wheel track is much wider than the CL9, giving it better cornering ability and it looks much more upmarket than the CL9.
    Haha really? I had a DC2 and my mate always bragged about his Corolla could beat a type r teg but never had the chance to race him as my car got written off :/

I do very much like the interior of the car and that's a major point for me. I liked the CL9 interior but as its the next model up pretty much everything is better it seems. Also, the cars body lines do make it look like a much more recent car.

Also, am I correct in saying the USB in this car will play my iPhone with no hassles?
    Last edited by ExpressCoffee; 12-09-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2

That bumper is the CU2 Modulo with the bottom painted black.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    That's excellent news. Yeah I usually take really good care of my car and maintenance. Where do you guys service your cars? Local, Honda or do you do the basic ones yourselves?

I should ask when the last service was done when I see it today.
    I do mine myself now, I don't trust the dealers. Check your service history and make sure that they did not miss the 6 month intervals, even if they drove only low kms.

Haha really? I had a DC2 and my mate always bragged about his Corolla could beat a type r teg but never had the chance to race him as my car got written off :/
    I nearly bought one before deciding on the CL9. A few years later, I drove the Sportivo and the only time it was faster than my CL9 was between 6000-8000rpm. And at that RPM range, the front of the car would lift up slightly and there was traction loss when I tried to steer. It would probably have been better if the suspension was stiffened up to reduce front end lift under hard acceleration in 1st gear.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I do mine myself now, I don't trust the dealers. Check your service history and make sure that they did not miss the 6 month intervals, even if they drove only low kms.

I nearly bought one before deciding on the CL9. A few years later, I drove the Sportivo and the only time it was faster than my CL9 was between 6000-8000rpm. And at that RPM range, the front of the car would lift up slightly and there was traction loss when I tried to steer. It would probably have been better if the suspension was stiffened up to reduce front end lift under hard acceleration in 1st gear.
    Yeah, the Sportivo was a dud, way too heavy for it to be any good. Looked crap as well. Although the engine was gem, would have been nice if they had stuck it in the MR-S.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    100 000 kilometers in a Euro is nothing,the guys in the US on tsxclub have done over 200 000 miles,over 320 000 kilometers in their Acura TSXs,which are identical to our Euros.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    if u are going to keep the car for three years man, cu2 is the way to go id reckon, in 3 years there be heaps more parts for it. and im guessing itd be paid off too and then it might even be a project car or gfs car for all anteaters sake
    its might even become

because racecar.jpg
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Thank for all the replies guys. I'm pretty sure I'm making the right choice now.

I finally saw the car this afternoon and well... it looked like it was kept in very nice condition

Funnily enough, as MR_LATE pointed out, a wedding ring will scratch the gear knob as I have seen on this one today.

There is a scuff of the left quarter panel near the petrol tank, but it didn't look too deep what do you guys think?

There is also some scrapes on the front bumper on both sides a bit, and the dealer said they will fix that up for me.

The dealer said the car hasn't been detailed yet so maybe a nice cut and polish will get rid of it?

It drove like a gem though, felt a lot more refined than the CL9 in my short drive I took.
    I am really liking this car. All the log books check out, all at Honda dealerships. Everything opens and closes as it's suppose to, still need to test the stereo out.

Taking my old man to come take a final look tomorrow and if the price is right, I'm sold.
    Here's a pic of the front, I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    if u are going to keep the car for three years man, cu2 is the way to go id reckon, in 3 years there be heaps more parts for it. and im guessing itd be paid off too and then it might even be a project car or gfs car for all anteaters sake
    its might even become

because racecar.jpg
    3 years at least.
    Who knows when I'm on my full license. I'd still think it'd be a fairly new looking car..

Scratches at worst - couple of hundred to respray?

That is a modulo optioned lower skirt ~$750 from Honda IIRC. If they can't get rid of the scratches, just take it off but IMO it looks very nice with it on

You know you want it.....join usssssss...........our CU2 crew, there's few of us lefttttttttttttttttttt.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    Scratches at worst - couple of hundred to respray?

That is a modulo optioned lower skirt ~$750 from Honda IIRC. If they can't get rid of the scratches, just take it off but IMO it looks very nice with it on

You know you want it.....join usssssss...........our CU2 crew, there's few of us lefttttttttttttttttttt.
    Hmm. You do have a point, or just buffer it out!
    I really like the modulo kits on these ones too, wowza!

Haha hopefully tomorrow I will be! Going early morning..

Oh and what are the chances, just down the road from the dealership I'm driving home and I see Euronoobs Euro parked there in all it's glory!

I had to go talk to him so I pulled over and had a little awkward chat to him. haha, maybe it's a sign?