Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    I took a Lux Auto Navi CU2 for a test drive last week and its a fantastic car.

The front seats are great and the whole car just works really well. The CL9 is a great car too though.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    Cu2 for shizzle. for one its a newer model.
    2. it looks more sporty and aggressive
    3. Seats are 100x better
    4. stereo better
    5. wheels and brakes better
    6. lux has better options than cl9
    7. gear changes in auto smoother
    8. who cares what ur friends think, wats this un finished product crap, remember they are just opinions, and not very good ones at that!
    1. have to agree it's newer
    2. aggressive, yes...sporty no comment.
    3. crap softer leather, front seats shoulder area flimsy, (cl9 has a superior hide + shoulder area not so flimsy)
    4. what makes the stereo better ? cause it has 10 speakers ? have to disagree (no name brand with try hard 10 speakers system, tring to compete with mazda6 bose system----no comparison)
    5. Which wheels are better 17" or 18" personally think they 'crap'...
    6. some better options yes...passenger side mirror dips, memory seating..anything else ?
    7. auto a 'slug'
    8.how many have honda sold ?

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    CL9 is great, CU2 is also a great car... if I were to buy one now, of course it will be the new one..... but since I got a 06, most probably will skip CU2 and see whats next.
    A wise one among us all

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    [3] I thought the leather was fine, but did think CL9 looked better. The fabric in the CU2 is definately better and harder wearing. Shoulder area flimsy? Don't know exactly what you mean?

[4] lol, stereo is better, because it sounds better! It's got the aux input standard too.
    Panasonic no name brand? LOL! That's a new one.....

[5] I think the wheels are crap on both CL9 and CU2, but IMO CU2's feet do look better.
    But 17" on std / 18" on lux with no tramlining! FTW

[7] I thought the auto was a slug too, then I shifted it into 'S'......
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

I was looking into a new subaru when Honda had their runouts of CL9. I started ringing around and went to a dealer who was showing me the CU2. I liked the CU2 and thought the CL9 runout would look similar (which was not the case). Once price came around particularly on sat-nav models, CL9 won hands down.

To be honest I didn't even test drive either the CU2 or CL9. I just bought the CL9 based on reviews and new that Honda had to be the same if not better than a subaru. It's a great car to drive. Much better than my Subaru liberty (2000 model)

Honda certainly needs to work on their sat-nav's. Subaru blows it out of the water.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ^^ wow, that's a lot of faith to buy a car that you didn't test drive.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 07 Luxury
    After reading this thread I went to HONDA dealer to test drive the CU2 today
    I have the 07 Lux CL9 here's what I have to say

1. CU2 looks like CL9 have a baby with 300C and then cross mix with Holden
    2. Sound system wasn't as good as the CL9
    3. Leather seat was disappoionting (I think most CL9 owners will agree on this)
    4. When slowing down it has funny noise
    5. Good handling
    6. Breaks are a bit better but not that much (guess it's a heavier car)

My opinions if you like the current CL9 don't worry about getting the CU2, if you are due for a new car and you think the price is right why not, but if was me I'll wait for the next one and keep my CL9 cause I simply like the look of the CL9 better for some reason I think Honda might have rushed it so maybe after the mid life update will be better after all made by Honda not gonna be too bad
    Last edited by devilians; 22-09-2008 at 08:36 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    ^^ wow, that's a lot of faith to buy a car that you didn't test drive.
    That all depends what you primary purpose of buying a car is. If it is merely to get you from a to b then I don't think it matters what car you drive.
    I also purchased my CL9 during the run out sale without test driving it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by LXRY View Post
    1. have to agree it's newer
    2. aggressive, yes...sporty no comment.
    3. crap softer leather, front seats shoulder area flimsy, (cl9 has a superior hide + shoulder area not so flimsy)
    4. what makes the stereo better ? cause it has 10 speakers ? have to disagree (no name brand with try hard 10 speakers system, tring to compete with mazda6 bose system----no comparison)
    5. Which wheels are better 17" or 18" personally think they 'crap'...
    6. some better options yes...passenger side mirror dips, memory seating..anything else ?
    7. auto a 'slug'
    8.how many have honda sold ?
    3. The leather definitely owns the CL9 leather. The CL9 leather feels thin and too hard, even when new. The seats are also far more comfortable, and i don't know what you mean about 'flimsy' shoulder area. Maybe its softer there so people can actually turn around and reach into the back for whatever reason (like getting a melway out of the passenger seat pocket).

4. I've found the stereo to be better than the CL9 one. Would hardly call Panasonic no brand, and Bose the be all and end all of audio.

5. Both the stock 17" and 18" look better than the stock 16" and 17" of the CL9, imo. The only CL9 stock alloy that looked good is the 05 lux and sport alloys.

6. Way better build quality. Notice how everything feels a little 'rattly' or 'thin' in the CL9? Everything has smoother operation in the CU2. Compartment doors open smoothly, instead of flick open and closed like in the CL9 - especially the cup holder and cigarette lighter ones.

7. The auto is more responsive than the CL9 auto, and paddle shifts are more useful than the manual stick shift in the CL9 auto.

8. Wouldn't be surprised if they sold less than the CL9 did at its equivalent time after release. After all, car sales are pretty much down across the board, not only at Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    That all depends what you primary purpose of buying a car is. If it is merely to get you from a to b then I don't think it matters what car you drive.
    Don't get me wrong. I read MANY reviews and although everyone's opinion is different, the general consensus was a good car. I spoke to a friend of mine and he said it was great car but had to get rid of his 2004-2005 model (not sure which) because it was a manual and his mrs couldn't drive it.

I guess I may have organised a test drive, but only 2-3days out before 30th June, these cars were walking out the door. I really wanted a black with black fabric (standard), but it sold the same day I enquired. I ended up with Pearl white, leathe, sat nav.. big difference to the model I was originally going for

I am a bit disappointed in the tan leather. Damn it gets dirty easy, particuarly with jeans.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    It might just be me, but I'm don't part with my hard earned money that easily without actually trying what I want to buy. Same with all things that require a personal liking, like jeans, clothing, cars, exotic foods.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    It might just be me, but I'm don't part with my hard earned money that easily without actually trying what I want to buy. Same with all things that require a personal liking, like jeans, clothing, cars, exotic foods.
    Well my wife actually test drove the car and she liked it. We were in the position that we needed to purchase two new cars. So if I didn't like it she would have keep the Euro and I would have settled for something else. But generally speaking I am very happy with the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Yeah,i agree.In particular a car.There is NO WAY i would buy a car without test driving it 1st.Anyway just my opinion.