Honda civic Type R (FN2) third gear issues

Hello Folks,
    I am thinking of getting one of this car in next 1 or 2 months, however, I saw quite a huge amount of people that are experiencing the 3rd gear problem on their FN2. Would be so much appreciated to know that how many mates here had this problem before or suffering this now and which year of the model are your guys owning?

Best regards,
    Lou

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    this has been covered before. usually the problem last about 3-4 months after you get the brand new car. most people will find that the problem dissapear after transmission oil change during the first service.
    Triangular exhaust

Thank you sitta. Some of the people are still suffering this problem till 7000Km and most of the dealers in UK has been recognized this issue. Not sure how are those 08 models in regards to this problems. I saw one of the Aussie FN2 owner was suffering this issue on his 08 model, so its difficult to tell now.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Im just noticed that it happened occationally when the tranmission is cold..

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red FN2R
    i have had the car now for just a little over 3 months and just hit the 6k mark... its happened to me 3 times since i bought it brand new... i think it is one of those, "wait and let it settle in things"....

Trust me buy the car its awesome man seriously... if not but a new Euro and travel in style that car is off the hook HEHE

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    im just under 15k and no problems at all.
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

hi guys may be a bit late. i have the same problem and the honda dealer advice me to change the gear oil for $220 which i was about to do it. but since is a small gear oil change i went to the the mechanic which have service all my other car's for advice and he told me is not the gear oil problem is the engine mount lose which cant be fix soon or later it will come back.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Type R
    I changed the tranny oil (Amsoil MTF) no more problems, shifts good hot or cold 80k up now