Thread: car sales

car sales

So, i was trying to sell my dc then a mod deleted the thread. I didnt need to sell it anymore so i didnt relist. Pablos thread, was trying to sell his crx, it got deleted and now u are asking for rego paper for proof. Some other guy was trying to sell his wifes civic, got deleted. Now there is another member blatantly selling his gfs eg and u leave it. Wtf so bias. And unfair

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    must be your own car there for the guy selling his wifes car thread got deleted,,.

they obviously have a reason for deleting it man,

why dont you pm the mod and ask
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    As above nothing is deleted without reason.

YBJLS4 your name is Phil as stated in your trader feedback, yet you were selling the car giving contact details about the car to people as a completly different name ie not Phil, also phone number provided is different to your previous threads, hence your thread was deleted. So is your name Phil or are their multiple users using your one account?

In the case of Pablos8. See this post:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post2907167

Specifically states it is not his car. Hence thread was deleted. He is telling me that it was his younger brother that posted the above. Thats fair enough (multiple people using the account). So I've asked for a scan of rego papers which he said hes going to provide to me and if it checks out, the thread will be reinstated.

I must stress. "Read the Rules!"

1. No selling for others

2. One account per user

Remember this is a free site. Free to sell at no fee, for contributing members. Not pointing fingers, but we need to moderate strictly because people are taking it for granted. We need your help to by doing the right thing and please report posts if you see something that is not right instead of whinging like in the 1st post. Mods aren't on all day, we've got full time jobs too as well as being here, so more eyes the better.

Again, nothing is removed without reason. If you have proof, back it up. Its a free site, don't like it then sell you shite somewhere else.
    Last edited by DLO01; 10-12-2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Deano.

DL001 - aren't you able to pm the seller first before you delete their threads?
    I'm a frequent user of jdmst.. When I sell my car there and someone reported to the mods that it isn't, one of the mod kindly pm'd me asking if the car was mine and under my name. This way it shows a positive manner coming from the mods. They asked me " I only have one question, and please answer it honestly and truthfully. Is the car yours?" I replied yes and he insisted to have some paperwork scanned to him which I did and he said thanks.

In my opinion, these positive attitudes will also help members having positive feedbacks towards the moderators here on ozhonda.

Positive attitudes = no threads like this.

You may be strict and all, but sometimes you have to try to put your self into the sellers shoes and think about how you would feel if you were a member trying to sell your car and your thread got deleted by the mods saying "no selling for others".. That'd be cut. And I guarantee you, you will rage.. Especially at times where you desperately need to sell your honda for whatever reason. You may say post your car on carsales etc, but at same time, you would feel that there'll be more chances that your honda will be sold here on ozhonda due to the outstanding amount of honda enthusiast.
    Last edited by jdmEG5; 11-12-2010 at 02:32 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmEG5 View Post
    DL001 - aren't you able to pm the seller first before you delete their threads?
    I'm a frequent user of jdmst.. When I sell my car there and someone reported to the mods that it isn't, one of the mod kindly pm'd me asking if the car was mine and under my name. This way it shows a positive manner coming from the mods. They asked me " I only have one question, and please answer it honestly and truthfully. Is the car yours?" I replied yes and he insisted to have some paperwork scanned to him which I did and he said thanks.

In my opinion, these positive attitudes will also help members having positive feedbacks towards the moderators here on ozhonda.

Positive attitudes = no threads like this.

You may be strict and all, but sometimes you have to try to put your self into the sellers shoes and think about how you would feel if you were a member trying to sell your car and your thread got deleted by the mods saying "no selling for others".. That'd be cut. And I guarantee you, you will rage.. Especially at times where you desperately need to sell your honda for whatever reason. You may say post your car on carsales etc, but at same time, you would feel that there'll be more chances that your honda will be sold here on ozhonda due to the outstanding amount of honda enthusiast.
    I disagree.

You should be thankful that this forum doesn't get worse with random JUNK advertising. This isn't E-bay. The purpose of this site is not for selling parts or cars, don't know about other forums.
    You don't tell ppl who does free labor what to do, they didn't even crossed the line. Rules were broken, you're out. Simple as that, quick and easy.

Why don't you think about them mods for a bit, doing free labor because they volunteered, doing their job correctly and some kid (no, you're not a kid) tells you what to do.
    Now THAT! is rage.

Plus, most of these people didn't read the rules anyway. They probably don't read their job contracts or terms and agreement, or road rules.
    When shit happens, then they start to whine. "I GOT DEFECTED! what do i do now??"

In my opinion, there should be more 'RTFM' or in this case 'RTFR' attitude.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Unfortunately it is just the minority that rote the system. I do 'occasionally' pm the seller to ask if it is 'genuinely their own product that they are selling' unfortunately though and it is sad, that most are dishonest and lie out of their teeth.
    Deano.

Fair enough mocchi and dl001, I have nothing agaisnt that

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmEG5 View Post
    Deletion and a PM sounds fair for questionable ads. It can be undeleted if it all checks out. No biggie

Whats more annoying is people putting up stuff thats not theirs and you end up dealing with a totally different person
    Last edited by flipfire; 12-12-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

That's why said pm the seller first, ask for paper works.

And what DL001 has done is fantastic, looking back at the sellers profile history tracking down for names and contact details

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    just pay 50bux sell it at carsales
    easy

carsales easier to let your car go then here and no argue
    my 2c
    Last edited by civicVI; 12-12-2010 at 12:59 PM.