Poor Forum Structure (imho)

I have a newly acquired s2000, after spending a while on your forum it is not the best.

- Firstly I'm lumped under 's2000/nsx'. What? An NSX has very little in common with an s2000 and for those of us that are fortunate enough to own an NSX I'm sure have no interest in s2000 related issues - and vice versa. That's sure to turn away nsx owners as most could not be bothered looking through a forum that is almost entirely devoted to the s2000.

- The 's2000/nsx' forum is a free for all - 'model specific discussion' - well that's about everything. It's a free for all dog's breakfast.

*Suggestion* have a heading s2000 (or whatever model) and then sub topics suspension/diy/brakes/mods/body kits etc etc. Then you will target forum users and what their interests. At present it's akin to a library with a sign 'books'.
    Last edited by Clio; 01-12-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks for your input - as you have been here for less than 2 months your
    first impressions are less than impressed. Why do we have two models lumped together ? Because they are of the lesser percentile of Honda owners - also both are the only real rwd sport cars Honda offers.
    We have sub forums for non-model specific issues which you are welcome to use if you bring up a general non s2k specific issue. We lack overall userbase to have such deep for titles and topics.
    But as it stands I suggest you alter your title and realise this forum has changed over time to suit it's audience. Not just YOU.
    Last edited by bennjamin; 01-12-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Inb4 flame, nvm

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Clio View Post
    *Suggestion* have a heading s2000 (or whatever model) and then sub topics suspension/diy/brakes/mods/body kits etc etc. Then you will target forum users and what their interests. At present it's akin to a library with a sign 'books'.
    As Ben has pointed out you've been here for a whole of 2 months and are less then impressed, though nsx and s2k being bundled makes sense to me, but then again I love my torsion bar Honda's which is a lost art here.

There has been work put together for an Ozhonda wikipedia (I suggested it months ago but have disconnected, any updates or help required Wyn?) which would be something that you'd be looking for to gain information easily (amirite?)

^^
    Must you do that...this is the site discussion, not the lounge.

Take your 2inch spam to the spam thread and discuss thoughts.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

I think I have offended which is not my intent.

My thread is titled "in my humble opinion", I am not making a blanket statement.

You are correct, I have been involved with this forum for an extremely small amount of time and others here will no doubt have many years of valuable input to this forum that dwarf me.
    Having said that I too have been involved with other car forums for many years and to that extent a car forum, is a car forum, is a car forum - only the brands and model names change. That may be the value of my input. Like a new employee from another competitor - they have fresh ideas and different ways of doing things that may not have been previously considered because current users become too familiar with the norm. Sometimes better, sometimes not.

The technical area is a good resource but I would make the point that the lion's share of technical queries are model specific.

My point is this - if topics are structured specific to owners by their vehicle type it will better engage the users and make for a better forum. That's my opinion and a suggestion. It might be a poor idea but it's my 2c.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Clio i think it's a good idea, it'll make searching a heck of a lot earlier

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Clio,

Your suggestions are somewhat valid however to implement them, we would have to reorganise a majority of the threads on this site. What we need to realise is that the forum is for discussion. It's not inherently designed to be a good tool for finding information quickly (but rather by searching through existing discussions and ignoring the off topic replies). The exception of course being stickys.

A wiki style site of course would be the quick/easy way to find information and that should take shape in the first quarter next year.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq