Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    if we could tag threads with relevant words it MAY help.....
    Unfortunately we had that delight not long ago (if you remember)..

But unfortunately *rolls eyes* people were misusing the new found abilites and the ability was revoked (which under the circumstances it was fair)
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

uhh yeah i had my fair share of abusing the tag thing
    could try again if you want
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    or we could just permaban chunky?

i think the wiki idea is good as it links to relevent articles/threads. stickies would do the job but then we'd have a million stickies that nobody reads in each sub forum
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    someone just make a static ozhonda "magazine" style website.

load diy's as articles, have feature cars every once in a while, wallpapers, etc. it'll stay clean and noobs would definitely look thru diy/info articles rather then stickies.

can we "convert" the front page of ozhonda to reflect this? just an idea...
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    jsut a quick question.

if i have two things. One is a Bunch of freshly picked grapes... The other is a big bucket of old gearbox oil, complete with bits of shredded metal...

Are they in any way alike??? No, they arent... One is very usefull, you can make wine, you can make sultanas, you can cover your bitch in whipped cream and snd strawberries and grapes and eat them off her naked body,

The other, well, you cant do much at all with it...

Not calling your suggestion worthless, but thats pretty much a comparison between an OzHonda wiki, and what youre suggesting....
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    lol. someone's bored. great metaphore.

i've looked at those wiki's that shogun listed, and imo they're no different to what i suggested. only thing is what i suggested is probably a more commercial website, same content, same categorising, more fancy looking... on the other hand a wiki is free and probably more ppl can contribute, instead of a webmaster/site owner.

they're not THAT much different.... from the early days, i've just always envisioned Ozhonda to become greater then what it has been, just a forum... growth into an online mag with articles would be more "interesting" for me to read then a wiki (abit like groundupgarage/jtuned). but then again that's just my opinion... like a bucket of old gearbox oil? lol.
    Last edited by EK9; 26-09-2008 at 01:55 AM.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    i know what you mean, but i think lloyds idea was solely for info.

i wanna know how to do a brake change, i wanna know how to do an efi conversion, what do i need to drop a b16/18/20 or k20/24/combo into my ed/eg/ek/etc, what do i need to fit swaybars to my non swaybar equipped car. just info.,,

your idea is totally different... feature cars and wall papers, a honda based online mag...

both are good ideas, and id love to see both.... but its hard work, and we need people who have time...

and we need admin/mods to let us do it, rather than umming and ahhing about it...

so your idea isnt totally useless like a bucket of gearbox oil, maybe its like a set of reservoir socks or something lol.... usefull, but in a different kind of way

my 2 cents.\

first of all good work shogun for having the guts and time to sit down think hard and post up such a long and involving thread/suggestion.

Next , from what ive seen a few technical-based forums DO have wiki pages closely affilited - THESE themselves are the "stickies" for the forum itself. Which means that all stickies and links are on the wiki itself rather than clutter up the forum.

This , sounds like a good idea IMO - move almost ALL stickies to a separate wiki , and have a hyperlink on several places on the forum and let people search in there instead.

thoughts ?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    I like it. It also leaves room to enable expansions later.

so rather than just have links to the pages on OH, it can be expanded to have teh actual info, without all teh BS

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Thank you Ben

Ok (just so i understand your suggestion right)

What you suggest is for example:

For a starter/getting this going, Open the/a Wiki and move the Necessary/appropriate stickies to it to reduce cluttered space from the Forum and have ONE sticky in several sections of the forum with the Hyperlink to the Wiki which then will have what was formerly in the stickies.

Right so far?

So (for example) what would be moved would be: [[d a n n y]]'s Motor Change guide for EG, the civic model guide or like .::F[L]Y::.'s S2000 Aftermarket parts review etc (which are stickies)

Did i miss anything?

I like your suggestion (it has multiple purposes)

as Trism said it allows expansion and (as i stated in my OP) it can be expanded the direct into the catagories/facts/info directly etc

In reality getting the wiki off the ground would be the hardest part and imo moving the stickies is a start/getting it off the ground and is a excellent way to clean up the forum

More Thoughts/opinions?
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    i say we should do it. as said a million times before NOBODY READS STICKIES
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

more thoughts and inputs on this guys.

I think the idea of stickies and links on a 'ozhonda wiki" is a great idea and could really work.