Member Array
    Car:
    Civic

EJ8 - parts for brake conversion

I can't seem to find my old post I put up awhile ago, car is in the shop next month for somethings, was looking at the ek4/em1 rear brakes for it as well.

It's an EJ8 so it come with drum brakes at the rear, front discs and already comes with factory abs if that helps at all.

Just curious on all the parts needed/ what can be reused to suit and part names so I can go to Honda for the parts

Cheers in advance ,

Ryan
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 23-09-2008 at 01:09 PM.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    I can't seem to find my old post I put up awhile ago, car is in the shop next month for somethings, was looking at the ek4/em1 rear brakes for it as well.

It's an EJ8 so it come with drum brakes at the rear, front discs and already comes with factory abs if that helps at all.

Just curious on all the parts needed/ what can be reused to suit and part names so I can go to Honda for the parts

Cheers in advance ,

Ryan
    This has been covered a few times.

Firstly I wouldnt go to Honda to get them as it will cost you a fortune.

You will need:
    E-brake lines (handbrake cables)
    Rotors
    Discs
    Pads
    Rear trailing arms (although I did read somewhere you can use the existing ones if you machine them somehow)

It will make a difference I believe that you have abs - think the lines will be different as well as the trailing arms (although someone else should be able to confirm this).
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    thanks, yea I'll be going to Honda for the calipers and disc rotors forsure, the trailing arms should still be in decent nick at the wreckers, unless I find everything in above average nick 2nd hand, Honda gets my business
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Find a crash ek4 ad use the rear brake setup off that. Genuine is expensive, better off getting something like DBA. IMO since there is a chance you might want to K swap. Save your $$ for a 5 lug 36mm setup so you only do things once. Drums wont have any trouble slowing down your D series Ryan.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.