Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    how do you stop then?

grabbing the front brake will increase the chances of the front sliding out.

In the wet and going around corners....cut the speed down so that you go around the corner in a more upright position. Dont cut the throttle completely as that will make the bike "float" around the corner...keep just a small amount of gas so that the bike will continue to move forward (if a bike isnt moving forward....what does it want to do when turning? thats right...go down). Keep a small amount of rear brake as it will aid in the control of the bike.

In the dry but you have more leeway in what you can do with the bike. You can lean it down more and have greater speed. Dont be afraid to drop down into first or 2nd gear.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    well i have used my rear brake a few times in the wet when it was raining really really hard. my back end fished tailed like a mofo and the bike was 'floating'. havnt had it once now since i stopped using the rear in the wet.

a combination of front brake and engine brake i find useful when braking in the wet.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    well i have used my rear brake a few times in the wet when it was raining really really hard. my back end fished tailed like a mofo and the bike was 'floating'. havnt had it once now since i stopped using the rear in the wet.

a combination of front brake and engine brake i find useful when braking in the wet.
    You can use your rear brake in the wet, you just need to be smoother with it and dont apply heavily. That being said, I only really use the rear in the wet in conjunction with the front.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.