Thread: coolant leaking

coolant leaking

i have recently just found out my coolant is leaking from the search i done i think its leaking from the top tank? plastic part

would it be better to get it fixed or just get a new radiator?

i had the same problem..

first id where the leak is coming from.. i.e put some take away containers over night under your car to find where its from.. that will give you a better idea what you need to fix.

also you might want to get a pressure test to check your coolant lines to make sure none of them have busted..

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    try seeing where its leaking from.
    nowadays its cheaper to buy a new one than getting it repaired.
    i've seen new ones as cheap as $120
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    I had that problem before. The leakage is only prominent when the radiator gets hotter and reving it at the same time. I had the radiator changed myself.

For your case, you should do a pressure test like what mattc said. Change a new radiator if the coolant lines is broken or burst.

You can try going to the wreckers to get another radiator at about 50-80 bucks. A new one might cost you about 120-150 bucks. You can try searching for ppl selling here as well!

btw how many kms has your car done?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    If it happened that you need to change the radiator, the link below might help you with changing them.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98347

cheers

the car has only done 69xxxkms and the leak is coming from somewhere near under the cap somewhere along the plastic

As for the looks of it i prob just buy a new radiator

Thanks for all the help guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    sounds like the top tank of your radiator is leaking.
    cheaper these days to get a new one.....dont get one from the wreckers unless your really strapped for cash as it will already be partly corroded inside
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY