Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg9, ex-ek9, dc5r

jdm dc5r ecu into audm dc5r

dude help needed.. if this thread has been discussed please give me the link.. already try 2 search related thread but couldn't find.. i'm in the middle 2 buy jdm dc5r ecu (wanna put hondata k100 on it & put my original audm ecu as spare who knows in the future if i'm going 2 sell my car so it's easy just change it back).. my question what do i need 2 do 2 install jdm dcr5 ecu to audm dc5r in order 2 make it works(any hidden problems).. just plug n play or what?... thanks cheers man...

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by eg9-b16b View Post
    dude help needed.. if this thread has been discussed please give me the link.. already try 2 search related thread but couldn't find.. i'm in the middle 2 buy jdm dc5r ecu (wanna put hondata k100 on it & put my original audm ecu as spare who knows in the future if i'm going 2 sell my car so it's easy just change it back).. my question what do i need 2 do 2 install jdm dcr5 ecu to audm dc5r in order 2 make it works(any hidden problems).. just plug n play or what?... thanks cheers man...
    Hi mate, what you saying, as I inteperate is contradictory.

You say you're getting The JDM ecu to hondata then you ask if you can use it.

From what I gather;

yes, it will fit once hondata'd as the plugs should be straight plug in.

No, on the use of the JDM ecu straight up in your AUDM as the tune etc.. would not benefit your cars hardware.....Plus you'll lose the immobiliser.

Sorry if I come across as having a dig at you (which Im not).

Good luck!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg9, ex-ek9, dc5r
    thanks dude..
    conclusion:
    jdm dc5r ecu + hondata = plug n play 2 audm dc5r
    jdm dc5r ecu w/o hondata = no benefits 2 audm dc5r

am i right?.. cheers man..

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    thanks dude..
    conclusion:

Yes..........

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    thanks dude..
    conclusion:

What year model is your DC5? The 02-03 had the KPro compatable ECU as stock which means you don't need to source a new ECU. Just send that one off for exchange on the KPro.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    What year model is your DC5? The 02-03 had the KPro compatable ECU as stock which means you don't need to source a new ECU. Just send that one off for exchange on the KPro.

Incorrect.

There was a batch of earlier ECU's from honda that were dodgy design from taiwan that cannot be Kpro'd.

You need this a specific AUDM ECU with the code L66Q592 in order to Kpro it.

DC5S ecu's cannot be Kpro'd.

You need to get the pre face lift DC5R ecu and get a 02-04 to 05-06 wiring harness.