Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic VTi

importing jdm dc5r

hi guys...sorry for the noobness...but are we allowed to import the 2002 jdm dc5r?? im guessing no..

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Go live in Japan (Or England or anywhere else they sell them) for a year and then bring it back with you as a private import... or get a EP3R... but we all know they aren't as good looking

On a side note... the JDM DC5r isn't really worth all the "hassel". If you get a AUDM DC5R, put a full exhuast, decent intake and hondata you'll be making better figures then a JDM... then if you get some decent pads and braided lines... you have better braking... get some coilovers... you have better handling... only thing K20a has over K20a2 is the cams... but if your going to go to the extent of worrying about cams... the JDM one are tame compared to most aftermarket ones.

So really, in the long run, buying a AUDM and then modding it is going to be cheaper (and more exciting) then importing a JDM DC5R

Hope this helps out man.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    Go live in Japan (Or England or anywhere else they sell them) for a year and then bring it back with you as a private import... or get a EP3R... but we all know they aren't as good looking

On a side note... the JDM DC5r isn't really worth all the "hassel". If you get a AUDM DC5R, put a full exhuast, decent intake and hondata you'll be making better figures then a JDM... then if you get some decent pads and braided lines... you have better braking... get some coilovers... you have better handling... only thing K20a has over K20a2 is the cams... but if your going to go to the extent of worrying about cams... the JDM one are tame compared to most aftermarket ones.

So really, in the long run, buying a AUDM and then modding it is going to be cheaper (and more exciting) then importing a JDM DC5R

Hope this helps out man.
    +1 well said! But in the end of the day, JDM is JDM, AUSDM is AUSDM they are still different

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EVO III / Legacy GT-B
    Out of interest, how many JDM JC 5 doors are there in OZ? I'd guess a very small handful.

Quote Originally Posted by kongfu View Post
    +1 well said! But in the end of the day, JDM is JDM, AUSDM is AUSDM they are still different
    lol

aaronng edit: Please do not attack other members nor egg them on into a fight.

on topic :- JDM dc5r has aluminium suspension arms & Brembo brakes. (bling factor imo)
    Last edited by aaronng; 28-09-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3
    u forgot higher comp pistons, ....... makes it worth it. its chea[per to get andthat means you have more money to do all those things to a jdm dc5 its still cheaper and 2 x better
    sweet as ay bro
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post

Hope this helps out man.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by evosan View Post
    Out of interest, how many JDM JC 5 doors are there in OZ? I'd guess a very small handful.
    huh?

You cant be serious that the EP3R isnt good looking .. thats my first and only choice out of the cars that come with a K. hands down, EP3R > all

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '92 lude + Corolla Stivo
    man fkn those rules totally piss me off.. I've been trying to find a way to import a DC2R here coz DC2R tend to over price there cars here.. can you import anything that inst fkn 16 year old (that sounded bad.. but i'm talking cars here LOL)..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Quote Originally Posted by kongfu View Post

Why are they different?

Can you give a detailed reasoning behind this?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMWhore View Post
    man fkn those rules totally piss me off.. I've been trying to find a way to import a DC2R here coz DC2R tend to over price there cars here.. can you import anything that inst fkn 16 year old (that sounded bad.. but i'm talking cars here LOL)..
    Talk to Chi(a member here)he imported his JDM DC5R and Corrola without hassle

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Why are they different?

Can you give a detailed reasoning behind this?
    Tagged. I would also like to know. Maybe we're all just wasting our time here. I look forward to the reply.