Member Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro CL9 6MT

Honda iPod interface compatible with 05 Euro?

Sorry if this specific question has been answered before; I have searched and couldn't find an answer.

Honda can supply an iPod interface for 07 Euros and beyond (CL9 series). According to my dealer, who contacted Honda Australia, Honda won't say whether the interface is actually compatible with Euros prior to the 06 facelift, and as a result, they won't install it - despite the dealer confirming that the serial numbers for the radios in 05 and 07 models are identical.

Can anyone confirm that the interface is compatible with the 05 (as surely it must be, with the same radio as an 07)?

On a slightly related note, does anyone here have a Honda-fitted iPod interface and care to comment on it? How is the audio quality (mp3 issues aside) and functionality? I'd consider an Xcarlink, but I can do without the strange operational glitches that seem to affect some of these units.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Well the IceLink and other aftermarket iPod adapters are compatible with all CL9's, including other models such as Civic and CRV, so I would be very surprised if the Honda one wasnt compatible.
    .© ♪

wouldnt waste my money on a genuine honda. but i have it on my 08 cl9. works great. controls and sound.

if i knew of other adapters when i was buying my car i would not have bought the honda version.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yeah dont get ripped off with the Honda Adapter.

Get the Neo Prolink instead:
    http://www.advancedice.com.au/catcom...ity.php?cat=43

The Prolink adapter is excellent quality and works perfectly, probably better than the Honda one!

Dont get the Icelink adapter, it has many problems..
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Oh that prolink thing sounds convincing, how much does it cost?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    $287 at the moment. Plus labour if u cannot install it yourself.

http://www.mp3yourcar.com.au/?webpag...=Accord%20Euro

How much is the Honda one? $1999.95? lolol
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro CL9 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Yeah dont get ripped off with the Honda Adapter.

Get the Neo Prolink instead:
    http://www.advancedice.com.au/catcom...ity.php?cat=43

The Prolink adapter is excellent quality and works perfectly, probably better than the Honda one!

Dont get the Icelink adapter, it has many problems..
    I've read a post from another Ozhonda member that the Neo will always auto-play the iPod and switch to CDC mode when the ignition is turned on, even if the radio is currently set to Tuner, and he's only got around this by unplugging the iPod every time he leaves the car. That'd be pretty annoying.

I got quoted $385 installed for the Neo here in Adelaide. I've now spoken to my dealer again, and they've agreed to install the Honda unit for $495. I figure if it works perfectly (as you'd expect for a Honda accessory) and there won't be any warranty dramas, it's worth shelling out another $110 for.

Thanks for the feedback!

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I read a while ago that the Honda one has a couple of glitches, but maybe its been updated since.

My Neo doesnt do that. The Honda Deck always remembers the previous Mode.

Its up to you. All I can say is, the Neo is faultless and has plenty of features
    .© ♪

Quote Originally Posted by aday View Post
    I've read a post from another Ozhonda member that the Neo will always auto-play the iPod and switch to CDC mode when the ignition is turned on, even if the radio is currently set to Tuner, and he's only got around this by unplugging the iPod every time he leaves the car. That'd be pretty annoying.

I got quoted $385 installed for the Neo here in Adelaide. I've now spoken to my dealer again, and they've agreed to install the Honda unit for $495. I figure if it works perfectly (as you'd expect for a Honda accessory) and there won't be any warranty dramas, it's worth shelling out another $110 for.

Thanks for the feedback!
    I'll sell you my genuine Honda iPod adapter and install for you, special.... $350 only, you just have to come to Sydney

I guess if you want the convenience of having the dealer fit it and you want it covered by Honda you could spend that much... but $495 is not worth it.

BUT, it's your car and all up to you. Just trying to save ya some $$$.
    Last edited by .QD; 01-10-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    even buying a decent replaceable headunit wont cost you that much.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    $287 at the moment. Plus labour if u cannot install it yourself.

http://www.mp3yourcar.com.au/?webpag...=Accord%20Euro

How much is the Honda one? $1999.95? lolol
    that link doesnt work? it sends me round and round in circles :S im trying to buy one ffs LOL
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN