Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R

rattling metal vibrating noise at 4k rpm dc5s

Hi guys. I have this noise that only comes on when i get to around 4k rpm. Its a harsh metal vibration noise. I hear it when im driving, or just revving. Any ideas what it could be????

your cat converter could be blown. do you have an aftermarket cat or other mods to the engine ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    your cat converter could be blown. do you have an aftermarket cat or other mods to the engine ?
    just intake.

but it sounds like vibrating noise comming from engine? I will investigate further where its comming from.

gl with that - extremely hard for anyone else to know te noise you speak of !

But , since its relative to the exact REVS i think something is loose in your engine bay , and when it hits that exact harmonic it rattles. Check around the bay for something broken or loose

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    gl with that - extremely hard for anyone else to know te noise you speak of !

But , since its relative to the exact REVS i think something is loose in your engine bay , and when it hits that exact harmonic it rattles. Check around the bay for something broken or loose
    yeah, the noise is quite specific, in the way that it only comes on at around precisely 4k rpm. Anything above or below it, the noise goes away. I JUST HOPE ITS NOT MY ACTUAL ENGINE!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    if it was pinging... it would ping all the way to the end of the rev range right?

Quote Originally Posted by b18c7dc2 View Post
    yeah, the noise is quite specific, in the way that it only comes on at around precisely 4k rpm. Anything above or below it, the noise goes away. I JUST HOPE ITS NOT MY ACTUAL ENGINE!!!!
    hey dude, ive got the same problem. thought it was the heat shield, but i had the that plus headers and exhuast changed and the vibrations still there. pissing me off. im thinking its the engine mount or something?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by hugohung23 View Post
    hey dude, ive got the same problem. thought it was the heat shield, but i had the that plus headers and exhuast changed and the vibrations still there. pissing me off. im thinking its the engine mount or something?
    urs like mine too? at exactly 4k rpm? my engine drives fine and everything, its just anoying!!, and i hope its not doing damage to the engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    What happens if you get off the throttle at 4k suddenly? How many kms have you travelled?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    What happens if you get off the throttle at 4k suddenly? How many kms have you travelled?
    86,000kms.

Noise happens at 4k, if throttle taken off seddenly, it just dissapears.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    would it be covered under warranty? would my warrenty be viod because i have a fujitibo short ram intake?

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    Hey mate, i got a similar noise, mine some sort of rattling noise with metal. This happens with my car when its warmed up and is below 1k rpm.
    After doing a bit of investigating i came to the conculsion that it may be my cat.
    I determined that since i located the sound was coming from pretty much directly under my seat (from the outside).

I hope you got the same or similar issue as mine. If not i hope yours is not nothing major.