Page 63 of 112 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz vtis 06, CU2 09
    hi, how much 10.000km service for cu2 in melbourne dealer?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz vtis 06, CU2 09
    Im having a 10,000 km's service for my cu2 this Friday

Also i was advised by my dealer the new knock sensor will be applied to my car and new software. I just wondering how you guys know they change the knock sensor? Is that some kind of document or they show you guys the replace knock sensor?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Irving,

I just noticed your second ride, S14 nice!.

I sold my S15 to make way for the CU2 and am missing it deeply, should have just put up with the baby seat in the back of it...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury (Man) CU2
    Irving, while I somewhat agree with you that a new car SHOULD not suffer from this kind of problem, realistically, as a fellow engineer I'm sure you'd understand that you can't make a product that is a 100% failure/problem proof all of the time.

I am a software engineer, and while I can assure you that I make every attempt to ensure that there are no bugs in the software that I create, reality is quite different. I'd say that it'd be quite unreasonable for any of my customers to expect that my software will NEVER crash because, unfortunately (both for them and for me), crashes are a reality of software.

While I don't have nearly as much experience as you in the engineering industry, only point I as a fellow CU2 owner am trying to make is that while the pinging is quite annoying, discomforting etc., it is a problem that Honda is trying to rectify.

I believe that the driving 3 full tanks of petrol before / after the fix is applied may be to ensure that any trace undesirable elements in the fuel system (or other connected systems) are assuredly gotten rid of.

My car has not yet been "fixed" but, when I spoke with the dealership, they did advise that the procedure does involve driving 3 full tanks of fuel after the fix has been applied. What happens in reality still remains to be seen.

Just my 2 cents worth...my intention is not to ruffle any feathers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux Auto
    Well, I am on my 4th tank of 98 RON fuel post-fix. Straight after the fix I couldn't notice any pinging. Now there is a very slight ping (but I should add, not bad enough yet for me to go back to the dealership). So it seems my car has "learned" to ping again?? I do drive quite sedately most of the time so maybe the ECU is tweaking the mix for economy meaning more prone to pinging?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2009
    I have just found this:
    http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/new...em_being_fixed

I suggest we bring it to the dealer and get them to fix it as Honda Australia has confirmed as said:

"A counter measure has been developed. We will receive it at the end of this month and will be contacting customers to recify their vehicles," says Honda Australia's spokesman, Mark Higgins.

See above link for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by euro2009 View Post
    I have just found this:
    http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/new...em_being_fixed

I suggest we bring it to the dealer and get them to fix it as Honda Australia has confirmed as said:

"A counter measure has been developed. We will receive it at the end of this month and will be contacting customers to recify their vehicles," says Honda Australia's spokesman, Mark Higgins.

See above link for more info.
    LOL that article is old... in fact, it has been mentioned a few times on this forum.

Went to a dealer yesterday to claim warranty (oil leaked). Tell them about the ping issue. When I pickup, they said they've order my parts for oil leak and the pinging issue. It will be done together around 2 weeks time. I've never report the pinging issue to them before...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Mitsuhondabaru HiAce
    the article is so contradictory...

"We're not sure if it's a specification specific. We don't know what the issue is, as yet," he says.

"But the good news is that we had an issue, and there is a counter-measure. It's an electronic or ECU issue, not a mechanical issue.

He clearly states that they still dont know what the problem is. If so, how can he then go on to say that its not a mechanical issue?
    hence why he used the word "counter-measure", not fix.

In other words, heres a band-aid for now... we dont know what the problem is still (we might never know), but dont worry, your engine wont blow up... if it does, its probably due to something else...

pfft... just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by quenjose View Post
    the article is so contradictory...

"We're not sure if it's a specification specific. We don't know what the issue is, as yet," he says.

"But the good news is that we had an issue, and there is a counter-measure. It's an electronic or ECU issue, not a mechanical issue.

He clearly states that they still dont know what the problem is. If so, how can he then go on to say that its not a mechanical issue?
    hence why he used the word "counter-measure", not fix.

In other words, heres a band-aid for now... we dont know what the problem is still (we might never know), but dont worry, your engine wont blow up... if it does, its probably due to something else...

pfft... just my opinion.
    your opinion is late by a few months. this article released on May, where they haven't known that the problem is with the knock sensor...

Member Array
    Car:
    Mitsuhondabaru HiAce
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    your opinion is late by a few months. this article released on May, where they haven't known that the problem is with the knock sensor...
    lol... i'm sorry it wasnt earlier.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    LOL that article is old... in fact, it has been mentioned a few times on this forum.

Went to a dealer yesterday to claim warranty (oil leaked). Tell them about the ping issue. When I pickup, they said they've order my parts for oil leak and the pinging issue. It will be done together around 2 weeks time. I've never report the pinging issue to them before...
    Where did your oil leak out from?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Where did your oil leak out from?
    leaked from round rocker cover gasket and vtec solenoid