Page 65 of 112 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    Buddah, Thanks for your comments and update on the issue.

Primetimex, I read your comments with interest and am concerned when you state that “I can still hear the pinging but it is EXTREMELY FAINT and I do have sensitive hearing”. Well, the way I see it, a car should NOT ping.

Anyway, here is the latest update on my ‘issue’:
    • As you all know the car absolutely pinged it’s head off when I first picked it up from the service department after the fix.
    • I have driven 800kms on my first tank of Shell V Power 98RON (long trips). The driving style was HARD! Accelerating hard up steep hills and holding the rpms in the 5k to 6k range for the entire hill.
    • I am at the end of my first tank and the low fuel light came on today. Well, the pinging has got a lot better. This may partly be due to my recent driving style….
    • I will be taking the car up to the Blue Mountains this week for a drive and probably up the coast again to give the car another long run. Let’s see if I can ‘train’ this baby to behave.
    Irving, If I lived in Sydney & wanted to give a car a good run there is only 1 trip I would do & it is a trip I always used to run a new car in. Go to Windsor, up the Putty Rd to Singleton, then Newcastle & back down the freeway, or the same trip in reverse. It is a great fun drive & you can really get into it in places.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 Accord Euro Lux AT
    Quote Originally Posted by primetimex View Post
    Hi there Irving

Yeah, I know the car should absolutely not ping, but this is perhaps the best Honda can do under the circumstances and perhaps it'll be gone altogother in the MY10 CU2 ...

I think I'll drive the CU2 a bit harder this time and see what happens, after all it's already done 8000km's - might do a long trip down South and let's see what happens...
    Hi mate,

I've just finished my trip to hunter valley after the fix, and it ran pretty well without any pinging. I drove hard during the trip, it didnt present at all. But unfortunately, the pinging comes back again this morning after the trip.

I drove very soft to work and it comes back 'quietly' with low rev. It's not as auditable as before though. So I guess it really doesn't matter if you drive hard and it might be the time to escalate to Fair Trading....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 EURO CU2 STD
    Quote Originally Posted by OZEuromania View Post
    Hi mate,

I've just finished my trip to hunter valley after the fix, and it ran pretty well without any pinging. I drove hard during the trip, it didnt present at all. But unfortunately, the pinging comes back again this morning after the trip.

I drove very soft to work and it comes back 'quietly' with low rev. It's not as auditable as before though. So I guess it really doesn't matter if you drive hard and it might be the time to escalate to Fair Trading....
    Have to agreed with the above Re: Pinging.

Had the fix. Took the car from Can-Syd-Can. Car drove well and no ping. However, driving around town today I could hear a faint ping.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    *09-CU2-Lux-6MT

Thumbs down Ping Pong

G'day Guys

I have had the new computer and knock sensor fitted 3 weeks ago.
    My car has 13,000 km's.
    Last week i completed 2,500 Km's driving to the Gold Coast.
    There was ping at 120 km's accelerating up hills and also at some lower speeds.
    These noises were less audible then before and a reasonable improvement.
    Unfortunateley im not satisfied with this as i am a car enthusiast and love to rev the euro and dont wish to hear any ping shyte noises.
    I will be writting to the Dealer principle and also submitting another complaint / feedback through the Honda website.
    I will be asking them to revisit my car and explain why the car still has this noise. I have completed more than 3 tank fulls of 98 RON.
    Remember this is not a fuel related problem, but using higher octane has its benefits except the price sucks
    I stand corrected on this but i understand none of the earlier Euro models had
    ping issues (please correct me someone)
    My suspicions are simple the extra power tweaked from the Vtec has had some dramatic impact on certain manual and auto cars.
    Could it be some sabotage on the assembly line
    Anyhow im hopeful Honda will find a way to keep us as customers happy.
    Its been a long road with this issue and the best we can do is keep sending the emails and letting them know when the problem goes away.

My pinging has definitely improved 80 %.
    For me to be fully satisfied it will need to be 100 percent..

I hope to post some fuel consumption figures for your shortly...
    Thanks
    Vid

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Guys, if you are past your 3rd tank, and the pinging issue is not resolved 100% you should report the issue to the dealer/service and ask them to contact Honda Australia for further direction from Honda Japan.

I suspect that we will need to work together to get this issue resolved....
    True, this is unacceptable from any new car let alone a Honda.
    The pinging hampers performance and effects the way you would like to drive your car.
    FFS everyone knows the K24 likes to rev and i feel that people would be hesitant to do this on a car that pings even if it is post combustion.
    Pull your finger out Honda, your customers are ex cl9 and other Honda owners and this is gonna leave a bad taste.
    I wish we had the lemon laws like the U.S does.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 LUX NAV
    OK, here is my update too.

Had the fix applied (knock sensor + SW) nearly a month ago or 4000 km (more than 3 tanks of fuel)
    I just came back from 2000km trip to GC. When I took the car, after the fix there was no ping at all..... well gues now... it started again, it's nothing to compare with the pinging in the past, but in between 1800 and 2200 rpm I can hear the well known pinging noise

I think guys, we should do something and take this matter to HA or even DFT
    Last edited by BatRambo; 07-10-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Here is the latest as of this morning. I received a phone call from my Dealer yesterday asking me to bring my car back for the revised update. After telling them that i was happy after the original software update they informed me it had been superseeded, so the car went back this morning.

Firstly the knock sensor was replaced which involves removal of the intake manifold, a fairly strait forward process.

The software update is now a 3 stage update that has to be done in a certain sequence for each of the 3 stages. Apparently they had a few dramas with the first few cars they did learning the proper sequence for each of the 3 stages, but now they have the routine sorted out it is a 3 hour process. The other thing I was told is that they have trouble with some ECU's not recognising the software update which apparently causes some issues. Fortunately that was not the case with my ECU.

So I guess the learning process starts again, so I will update again after 3 tanks of fuel.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 LUX NAV
    Well, They did my 10,000km service and the knock sensor + SW update in 2.5 hours!
    Go figure.....
    Ping + 10k service = 2.5h, LOL.... thats funny
    for me, they asked me to bring the car in the morning and leave it whole day

What is even funnier is that they said that they did an engine flush (without changing the oil filter) + fuel treatment and they charged me nearly $300
    LOL, one other reason why I never do my service @ honda dealer...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 LUX NAV
    What is even funnier is that they said that they did an engine flush (without changing the oil filter) + fuel treatment and they charged me nearly $300
    Yes, thats really funny. And your dealer is .... ?
    We can add him into SHAME LIST LOL

BTW, do we have a shame list? if not, maybe its time to make one

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    Quote Originally Posted by batrambo View Post
    btw, do we have a shame list? If not, maybe its time to make one
    ...+1
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 09 Luxury Navi
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRambo View Post
    Ping + 10k service = 2.5h, LOL.... thats funny
    for me, they asked me to bring the car in the morning and leave it whole day
    Yeah, the whole day for me as well for the 10k Service and the Pinging Campaign. Takes ages apparently to update ECU software as they have only one machine available to do it!