Page 100 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110 ... LastLast
Results 1,189 to 1,200 of 1334
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Hi guys,

i am a new owner of 2010 Jan built(2010 feb compliance)accord Euro base model Auto, i am driving the car with driver side windows down, i never heard the so called pinging or any kind of rattling issue so far..

Just curiously, for most of you guys having pinging issue fixed or being fixed, did you guys notice the ping from the beginning or just after few thousand kms on the clock..

Thanks and any advise is welcome.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    Hi guys,

i am a new owner of 2010 Jan built(2010 feb compliance)accord Euro base model Auto, i am driving the car with driver side windows down, i never heard the so called pinging or any kind of rattling issue so far..

Just curiously, for most of you guys having pinging issue fixed or being fixed, did you guys notice the ping from the beginning or just after few thousand kms on the clock..

Thanks and any advise is welcome.
    I have a Luxury Navi 2009 compliant (built Sep 2008). I started noticing the Ping about 4 weeks ago. That is after 15 months and 20,000Km. However, it looks like it does it mainly at the start of a trip (first 5 minutes or so) when I accelerate. Then it seems to stop. I took it to my mechainic and he definetely confirmed that it is the infamous Pinging.

I am booked with Essendon Honda in couple weeks but I am having second thoughts after reading that for some people the "fix" has made things worse. Does anybody have any advice for me??

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped View Post

I am booked with Essendon Honda in couple weeks but I am having second thoughts after reading that for some people the "fix" has made things worse. Does anybody have any advice for me??

cheers
    I had very mild PCS (could barely hear it) at 2200rpm at HWY speeds. It started after about 1000kms.

After the fix, the pinging (loud) moved to 3200 to 4000rpm.

Had EMC and CKP reset done 5 weeks ago. No pinging for the 100kms or so....

Then mild PCS set in above 3200rpm.

I would say that the fix has made it worse for my car.

I recon that the dealership/Honda have stuffed up my EMC.

Hi guys,

i am driving the car with driver side windows down, i never heard the so called pinging or any kind of rattling issue so far..
    You need to close all windows, turn the radio off and turn down the cabin fan.
    Drive the car up a moderate to high hill, steadly accelerating uphill. when the engine hits 3200rpm, it should ping (more of a crackling sound than mables). Hold it there and it will ping away but then you will run out of hill....

I recon if I put my car on a dyno and tested it under load the pinging/pcs will last for over 10 second!

I am very much interested to buy accord euro. however seeing so many people getting ping problem, I will not risk my hard earned 35-40k dollar on a piece of Lemon.
    I first thought i will go for a manual but now it is reported pinging is also happening with manual . may be I will have to wait until MY11 for honda to fix this issue.
    probably will go for mazda 6 now, can't afford the time to buy a car and go back to a dealership to get a fix.

spoke to a dealer and said to me no car is perfect and bmw/ ferrari can have glitches or problems. this is such a BS, it is a on going problem and it is not happening to just a few cars. he wouldn't buy the car himself if he knew the car could have problem. i was going to buy the car not did not go ahead becoz he denied for my request to put a condition on contract, "car can be swapped or credited subject to ping problem "

FOR all accord euro with ping problem. please do a "EURO Ping cruise/ meet" and get current affairs/ car magazine involved. give honda some media pressure to get things right!
    Last edited by toniche; 20-04-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Not sure mate, i close windows and turn off all audio/cd never heard so far any cracking sound or so call pinging sound when i drive in normal road or highway.... What i heard is Honda fixed the pinging issue in 2010 built models with redesigned the knock sensor. Not sure its true or not. Mine is just under 500k at the moment, so not sure after i reach 1000k..

ANy other guys got 2010 built Euro got pinging issue here? I think JMAN got 2010 built Manual euro and driving it for a while....not sure his EUro got ping issue so far...

TOniche....I am not sure its worth you wait for My11 built car. Seriously mate, i been looking to purchase this Euro since last year sept 09(you can see this by my join date with this forum)and wait and wait until the 2010 built come up...I been reading all members pinging issue in this forum in the past 8months and took a risk in purchase this car. Main reason somehow i like the design of the car and i like it when i did the test drive...

Thanks

Consider yourself lucky if your car does not ping. No matter how good the car is this pinging taints the overall enjoyment of the vehicle.

The response from Honda Australia has been very disappointing. They have shown that they can't be trusted to stand behind their product. I have lost confidence in this company. Sure the dealerships have tried their best to make me happy, but they say that their hands are tied as Honda Australia will not approve the installation of a new EMC.

Have you wondered what became of John Bowley? - the originator of this thread. Well, his car was fitted with a new EMC which fixed the pinging in his car. So it seems that some EMCs are below specification and the unit is not able to adequately retard the timing as required by the load.

If you have to run your car on 98RON then your car does not meet specification as 95RON is the specified fuel for this vehicle in Australia.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 09'
    Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    This could potentially be a serious safety issue. Especially, if this happens when you are overtaking on the wrong side of the road.

Please take extra care guys and make sure your spouse/family members are made aware of this issue if they also drive your car.

You need to inform Honda Australia so they can determine if this is a major safety issue.
    Irving,
    Excellent point, I'am taking my euro to the country side this coming up long weekend that consists of long 1 way roads, i'll be sure to be extra careful since its always the case that you need to overtake trucks and trailers. ill keep u guys posted when i take it back to honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Interesting comment as it wasn't all that long ago that i held my CU2 Auto flat for around 10 minutes starting at 80kph all the way to 5kRPM in top gear. No sign of pinging or any safety issues whatsoever except the drivers foot getting stuck. The Build Date of my CU2 is July 08, so it is one of the early CU2's.

A comment was made "consider yourself lucky if your car does not ping" . Myself & a few others that I know of on this forum, as well as a large number who are not on the forum don't have this problem. Therefore it should read "consider yourself unlucky if your car is effected with this problem".

I will also repeat again that Honda Australia can & must follow any & all instructions from the manufacturer which is Honda Japan, So Honda Australia's hands are also tied in this matter. They can only report back to Honda Japan.

Lastly, I fail to see how pinging or PCS can be a safety issue on those cars effected.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 24-04-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Not sure mate, i close windows and turn off all audio/cd never heard so far any cracking sound or so call pinging sound when i drive in normal road or highway.... What i heard is Honda fixed the pinging issue in 2010 built models with redesigned the knock sensor. Not sure its true or not. Mine is just under 500k at the moment, so not sure after i reach 1000k..
    Don't worry about it Praja. Just give it a good flogging for break in mate!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    A comment was made "consider yourself lucky if your car does not ping" .Myself & a few others that I know of on this forum, as well as a large number who are not on the forum don't have this problem. Therefore it should read "consider yourself unlucky if your car is effected with this problem".
    Agreed. I think people with this issue would have googled it, seen ozhonda, joined up and joined the band wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    Lastly, I fail to see how pinging or PCS can be a safety issue on those cars effected.
    Me too? How is it a safety issue?
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 honda accord euro
    hi,everyone, since i have read this poster about 1 year, i purasched my euro at 1st may 2009, after driving 2months i found the pinging issue in my car, then i took car back to honda dealer about sep last year, they fixed car for me, but i still can hear pinging when the gear change from second to third at 2k to 2.5k rrp, but it only can be hear when all windows close, no music and good surface of road , and after third gear, there is no sound except little rattle sound from back, likey something loose in the boot....i going to find out when i do 20k sevice, anyway i am not really sure my car still has pinging issue.

btw, i am study in wollongong uni, so i driving car between sydney and wollongong, on the highway back from wollongong , there is about 6km uphill, everytime i drive through the rrp is about at 3.5rrp on 100km/h, i didnt hear loud pinging except what i said before the pinging only when the gear change. does it make any point??

to buddah51au, r u in sydney, is any chance to let me drive ur car and hear about the sound, or u can drive my car to see any different. i think u know better than i know.

lastly, my english is not good as you guys do, so hope you can understand what i am saying.

cheers
    Last edited by leo; 24-04-2010 at 03:00 PM.