Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    You guys have a choice. All of our petrol comes from Singapore. So Shell, Mobil, and BP sell the same stuff in Darwin. They just "badge engineer" it by adding their logo.

And only BP sells 98 RON here.
    u r right. most petrol comes from singapore, but they are modified locally.. as in, additives and octane, ethanols, others are added here.

98RON is available from Shell, Caltex and Mobil as well.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    I am still of the belief it is GEARBOX related and NOT engine, as it happens more often than not when just about to change up a gear and just there after...called Honda Australia today and someone is going to call me back...I await with baited breath...lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobjones View Post
    I am still of the belief it is GEARBOX related and NOT engine, as it happens more often than not when just about to change up a gear and just there after...called Honda Australia today and someone is going to call me back...I await with baited breath...lol
    We all waiting for your good news....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Black Luxury
    i have a 09 with the same problem. tried all different 98 RON fuels with no improvement. Took it to honda today and they said they couldnt fault it so they are arranging a tech from honda to come down and test drive it in 2 weeks time.

mine happens when you accelerate at normal speed and sound like a metallic rattling noise, like little ball bearings getting thrown around. Doesnt happen always but happens enough to be annoying.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by swork View Post
    i have a 09 with the same problem. tried all different 98 RON fuels with no improvement. Took it to honda today and they said they couldnt fault it so they are arranging a tech from honda to come down and test drive it in 2 weeks time.

mine happens when you accelerate at normal speed and sound like a metallic rattling noise, like little ball bearings getting thrown around. Doesnt happen always but happens enough to be annoying.
    Is yours an auto too?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Is yours an auto too?
    Let me guess......Auto!!

More and more owners having the same problem.. Its funny that Honda Aust still think that this is only happen to a "few" vehicles.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Maybe they know about it and pretend not to know, until they find a fix lolol
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Black Luxury
    yep mines an auto. funny thing is if i drive harder it doesnt usually happen

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by swork View Post

I have been wondering if my rattling was really the same thing that others have been talking about, but this description sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. Mine sounds like it's coming from right front of the engine bay, I actually wondered for a while if there was something loose and rattling in there. Took mine to Honda North and they were unable to fault, will be taking it back soon either specifically for this or for 10k service due in about a month. btw mine is a CU2 auto.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by bk212 View Post
    I have been wondering if my rattling was really the same thing that others have been talking about, but this description sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. Mine sounds like it's coming from right front of the engine bay, I actually wondered for a while if there was something loose and rattling in there. Took mine to Honda North and they were unable to fault, will be taking it back soon either specifically for this or for 10k service due in about a month. btw mine is a CU2 auto.
    Make sure you report this to Honda Aust.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by MiSloVic View Post
    u r right. most petrol comes from singapore, but they are modified locally.. as in, additives and octane, ethanols, others are added here.

98RON is available from Shell, Caltex and Mobil as well.
    Thanks MiSloVic; my last point was that only BP sells 98 RON in all of the Northern Territory. Other brands are not available here in 98 RON and in some places where there are a lot of indigenous people, you can only buy the 91 RON "OPAL" petrol that does not produce a high when sniffed. You cannot even get 95 RON in those places.

As I said, you guys down there in the deep south are spoiled for choice in terms of different octane grades and brands.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2008
    I have the same problem wrote Honda (18Emails) all they replies were its the fuel problem have instructed i have been using 98Ocatne since day one how ever was still advised that the petrol in NSW is not upto quality, i then Contacted Shell and Mobile as they're the only petrols i use Shell and Mobile both Advised there are happy for honda to do Tests On the petrole they supply and the petrole do meet australian guide lines and they are more than happy to take actions in court if honda are 100% presistent that the petrole supplied are of poor quality. i then got back to honda and was give this

""Hi Frank
    Thanks for your feedback , which has been passed your comments on to our
    National Technical Department for review. We will be in contact in the
    coming weeks via your dealer if we have any further advice.
    kind regards""

wait for 2 weeks nathing happened got back to honda and 2 hours later received call from the dealer saying there will be a tech on site on 24th this month @ 12.30 Pm Which means i have to take another day off work just to do this stupid crap its the 3rd day off work now honda will not give courtersey cars or arrange another time what a disgrace to customer service how ever in regards to that honda offered me a life time engine warranty to my car as long as it is under my poession which iam pleased how ever this does not adress the issue that the car sends a pinging noise to my head everytime i drive this new car

since then i have contacted the consumer fair trading they said to wait for the report after i see the honda tech on 24th this month and advised there is a consumer demand form and a complaint form if things does not go well the dept of fair trading advised they will neogiate on behalf of me

so what i say is be persistent and maybe start a class action lol
    especially when the car designed for 95Octane is requiring 98 and it still does not fix the problem

first new car i've earned since im only 21 and it is the luxry sat nav model as well i totally did not expect new car experience to be like this if i wanted pinging noises i wouldve went for 2nd hand. the customer service provided by this multi billion company is sooo poor that my local conner shop has better comflict resolution. and what ever happend to the mission statement posted on the honda world wide website

Honda Philosophy

Basic Principles Respect for the individual. The Three Joys (buying, selling and creating)

Company Principle
    (Mission Statement) Maintaining a global viewpoint, we are dedicated to supplying products of the highest quality, yet at a reasonable price for worldwide customer satisfaction.

Management Policies Proceed always with ambition and youthfulness.
    Respect sound theory, develop fresh ideas, and make the most effective use of time.
    Enjoy work and encourage open communication.
    Strive constantly for a harmonious flow of work.
    Be ever mindful of the value of research and endeavor.
    Last edited by frank87; 14-10-2008 at 10:57 AM.