Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bk212 View Post
    I have been wondering if my rattling was really the same thing that others have been talking about, but this description sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. Mine sounds like it's coming from right front of the engine bay, I actually wondered for a while if there was something loose and rattling in there. Took mine to Honda North and they were unable to fault, will be taking it back soon either specifically for this or for 10k service due in about a month. btw mine is a CU2 auto.
    thhats excatly where mine is coming from and i can assure you it is pinging noise

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by frank87 View Post
    thhats excatly where mine is coming from and i can assure you it is pinging noise
    How can you assure us that it is pinging?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    How can you assure us that it is pinging?
    because the mechanic thats employed by the honda dealer and my local mechanic both assured that it is the pinging how ever there are unable to rectify this as there are no info being supplied to them by honda AUST all they were able to do was reinstall the programs how ever it still remains and he informed me the noise is def comming from the driver side engine unless there is another problem with the engine

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Black Luxury
    i got a booking with the honda tech on friday the 24th as well, though i was told to leave the car for the whole day

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2008
    yeah i complianed to the customer relation manager cuz my dealer told me to wait around and i was like i buy a car to get me to places eg(work) the main thing not to wait around in a work shop so she has organised a courtersy car for me very greatful though donno y they cold not just do that on first request which wouldve saved alot of trouble which dealer did you get yours from?.. i got mine from homebush larke hoskins the service department dude there is the worst man havnt seen any more ruder dude but the larke hoskins in rosbery offers top customer service

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    Please let us know how you go on the 24th as I have NOT had an offer from anyone for a Tech to have a look at my car, well other than the dealership one, whom in my honest opinion is not qualified to diagnose the problem. As far as I am concerned this needs to be addressed by Honda Australia in conjunction with Honda Japan, as far as I am concerned this is a fundemental problem that goes back to the manufacturering process as it is also occurring in other countries including the USA and some people in Europe.

I also fail to see where the onus is on the customer to constantly be disadvantaged and disrupted by returning a new vehicles to the dealership for the same issue a number of times. I am currently seeking assistance from legal representatives as I feel this is not good enough. The Office of Fair Trading whilst good do not have the legal bite that other countries have for example the various State "Lemon Laws" in the USA, and thus I will be going with what I am being told by professionals, thus should I go the Office of Fair Trading route I will only do so under advice.

Frank, could you also proof read what you write as it is difficult to understand at times...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Black Luxury
    i got mine at rick damelian but have been dealing with peter warren due to them being closer to home.

i was told that the honda guy is comming in the morning, so he is probably driving mine first then probably drive yours afterwards.

i'd encourage anyone with this problem in syd to book your car in for this problem on friday the 24th at peter warren or larke hoskins. the more the better.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobjones View Post
    Please let us know how you go on the 24th as I have NOT had an offer from anyone for a Tech to have a look at my car, well other than the dealership one, whom in my honest opinion is not qualified to diagnose the problem. As far as I am concerned this needs to be addressed by Honda Australia in conjunction with Honda Japan, as far as I am concerned this is a fundemental problem that goes back to the manufacturering process as it is also occurring in other countries including the USA and some people in Europe.

I also fail to see where the onus is on the customer to constantly be disadvantaged and disrupted by returning a new vehicles to the dealership for the same issue a number of times. I am currently seeking assistance from legal representatives as I feel this is not good enough. The Office of Fair Trading whilst good do not have the legal bite that other countries have for example the various State "Lemon Laws" in the USA, and thus I will be going with what I am being told by professionals, thus should I go the Office of Fair Trading route I will only do so under advice.

Frank, could you also proof read what you write as it is difficult to understand at times...

will do let you know please let us know as well what advise you received if it is any help to us owners with problem and what route u decide to take cheers

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    because the mechanic thats employed by the honda dealer and my local mechanic both assured that it is the pinging how ever there are unable to rectify this as there are no info being supplied to them by honda AUST all they were able to do was reinstall the programs how ever it still remains and he informed me the noise is def comming from the driver side engine unless there is another problem with the engine
    It is odd, because if it was pinging, then the manual Euros should also have the same problem.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2008
    It is odd, because if it was pinging, then the manual Euros should also have the same problem.
    well i guess we have different ways of defining pinging honda has admited to me in email that there are aware of pinging noises in the new CU2 if you have a manual and its not pinging then i guess lucky you?.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    well i guess we have different ways of defining pinging honda has admited to me in email that there are aware of pinging noises in the new CU2 if you have a manual and its not pinging then i guess lucky you?.
    Every complaint regarding this issue on Ozhonda and also in the US on the TSX forum are from auto owners. It is not statiscally insignificant to place it based on luck anymore. That is why I am tending towards the gearbox rather than the engine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2008
    Every complaint regarding this issue on Ozhonda and also in the US on the TSX forum are from auto owners. It is not statiscally insignificant to place it based on luck anymore. That is why I am tending towards the gearbox rather than the engine.

thats what i initially thought because the noises come out around jsut the before when the gear change and after the gear changed how ever was informed by techs so im going what has been advised to me hopefully the guy is able to tell me what it is how ever i was told by the director of cosumer relations that they have had a few hondas owned by the company which has had the pinging noises removed from better fuel how ever i find it hard to belive that. i have my fingers crossed as iam pretti peed about driving a new car with noises and i still want to enjoy it while its new