Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by e2xodus View Post
    Hi buddah51au
    How and where did you get the software update ?

Cheers
    Software update was done at Gladstone Motor World, no sign of the pinging problem after 1200km since the update. They will also be changing the Knock Sensor when available.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    Software update was done at Gladstone Motor World, no sign of the pinging problem after 1200km since the update. They will also be changing the Knock Sensor when available.
    Are you able to explain in simple terms exactly how and what the software update is doing to help resolve this problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    I think it might be something to do with ECU program tweaks to the fuel trims and ignition timings under certain engine conditions that caused the sound.

Updated knock sensor will likely improve the ability of the engine management to determine when those conditions occur and avoid it.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    Are you able to explain in simple terms exactly how and what the software update is doing to help resolve this problem?
    it is hard to answer from where I was standing, they just plugged their diagnostic machine into the harness and I guess reset a few parameters, took about 30 minutes total.

Pinging Post Stopped

No post since August 13 is this correct or has the site been stopped????

Quote Originally Posted by goffoire View Post
    No post since August 13 is this correct or has the site been stopped????
    does a thread has to has post every day? every hour? every minute?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Take the number of Euros sold and then work out how many have pinging type sound issues...small percentage and most have probably posted on this site so we cant expect too many more posts!

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    51 pages so far.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I believe now that the fix is being released, albeit slowly at first, that this problem will be history is several months if it is as successful on all cars as it has been on mine. While i do agree it has taken longer to solve than most of us would like, these things do take time to solve properly. The great news is that it has no effect on the drive ability, performance or economy of the car.

Yes, there has been 51 pages on this subject, but if we look into it further those 51 pages have been made up with postings from 94 Ozhonda members & if we break it down even further, postings directly relating to the pinging issue would max out at approximately 60% in total. The remainder are on slightly different subjects or members just asking questions. I would also suggest that a percentage of those 94 contributors don't own a cu2 (moderators excepted) & are trying to compare their CL9 to the CU2. That is like comparing apples with bananas. So in reality it makes no difference if there are 5 pages or 5,000 pages on a given subject, it is what is in the content of those pages that is relevant.

I have now done about 2000km since the software update & couldn't be happier with the result. What difference the knock Sensor will make when it becomes available is yet to be seen. In saying that, i do think i heard an ever so slight ping for about 2 seconds the other day, (it was on a steep 2nd gear climb with A/C on) but it was so brief & minor I can't be absolutely certain about it.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 23-08-2009 at 06:13 AM.

um...i dunt think u should worry about the pinging noise all new euros have it...atleast most.
    My euro is now 20000K and the pinging stopped. It usually stops at around 15000K.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy_888 View Post
    um...i dunt think u should worry about the pinging noise all new euros have it...atleast most.
    My euro is now 20000K and the pinging stopped. It usually stops at around 15000K.
    ummm i dont think so. my pinging got progressly worse from 10 000kms onwards. i was at 22000 and it was unbearable. the rattle was clear even when my stero was on

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    The service manager at my local dealer said that all CU2's ping but most owners don't notice and that they will only fix the cars whose owners complain about the pinging. So, if you buy a second hand CU2, make sure you check that it's been de-pinged as it would be likely that it won't have been.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.