Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Lux Navi
    I just phoned my dealer to book in for 12 mth service and asked to have the fix done at the same time.

They told me the car needed to be tested first and then booked with Honda Australia. So don't expect it to happen as a matter of course during servicing.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    I just phoned my dealer to book in for 12 mth service and asked to have the fix done at the same time.

They told me the car needed to be tested first and then booked with Honda Australia. So don't expect it to happen as a matter of course during servicing.
    That is a totally different experience to what I had Sludge. I don't know weather it comes down to the dealership, or the people working there.

In my case the vehicle was never checked, test driven or to my knowledge reported to Honda, they just took me at my word without any questions except asking what fuel I used. (I must add that my car only ever went back for the first service, i have done the rest). I was told that as soon as the upgrade was ready they would ring me & arrange a time for the upgrade to be carried out.
    As it turned out, that is exactly what happened, I received a phone call on a Friday asking me to have my car there first thing the following Monday for the Software upgrade, which is what happened. As for the replacement knock sensor I have to wait for 1 to become available, but I am not worried as the software update has cured the problem (2000km traveled with no further sign of the problem).

On a side note they said they will be doing the software update on every CU2 auto that comes in for service, weather a complaint has been made or not. My understanding is the knock sensor will only be fitted to cars where a complaint has been made. At least that is the case with my dealership.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2 Lux Navi 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    That is a totally different experience to what I had Sludge. I don't know weather it comes down to the dealership, or the people working there.

In my case the vehicle was never checked, test driven or to my knowledge reported to Honda, they just took me at my word without any questions except asking what fuel I used. (I must add that my car only ever went back for the first service, i have done the rest). I was told that as soon as the upgrade was ready they would ring me & arrange a time for the upgrade to be carried out.
    As it turned out, that is exactly what happened, I received a phone call on a Friday asking me to have my car there first thing the following Monday for the Software upgrade, which is what happened. As for the replacement knock sensor I have to wait for 1 to become available, but I am not worried as the software update has cured the problem (2000km traveled with no further sign of the problem).

On a side note they said they will be doing the software update on every CU2 auto that comes in for service, weather a complaint has been made or not. My understanding is the knock sensor will only be fitted to cars where a complaint has been made. At least that is the case with my dealership.
    Buddah, does this mean they don't think there is a problem with the manual's? I have a manual and it still pings.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Buddah, does this mean they don't think there is a problem with the manual's? I have a manual and it still pings.
    I have no answer on that Steve so can't give you honest advice. I can only suggest you take it up with your dealer, however it appears different dealers are taking varying approaches to the problem. Each Dealer would have the same TSB, so they should therefore be doing the same update for each & every customer.

My personal view is that the same engine is fitted to both Manual & Auto CU2's, so any given problem would be the same on both models. But in saying that, after following this forum since the beginning it appears to be less of a problem on manuals than Auto's, why that is I have no idea.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 24-08-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Lux Navi

Hmm, interesting. He did say something to me about testing the fuel and I think he said the colour (of the fuel), but I had switched off at that stage.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    [QUOTE=Sludge;2429931]Hmm, interesting. He did say something to me about testing the fuel and I think he said the colour (of the fuel), but I had switched off at that stage.[/QUO

What can i say Sludge ....... fancy a 16 hour drive? I think i could arrange the software update, but no news on knock sensor.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Lux Navi
    [QUOTE=buddah51au;2430179]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    Hmm, interesting. He did say something to me about testing the fuel and I think he said the colour (of the fuel), but I had switched off at that stage.[/QUO

What can i say Sludge ....... fancy a 16 hour drive? I think i could arrange the software update, but no news on knock sensor.
    Does that come with bed and breakfast?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    [QUOTE=Sludge;2430215]

Does that come with bed and breakfast?
    lol......is the floor or lounge good enough? 1 bed only here & i don't share

I think I might have posted on here somewhere that I know from my mate the service manager that they will log the complaint on the register after test drive, check of fuel, and check of fuel line hose clamps. And when its your turn and the parts are in they will do the job. Budda's eg is therefore probably a rare one, but welcome no doubt.

Cheers

PS. I dont see the drive and testing as a particular imposition - my new one gives off the odd ping so I am happy for my mate to do the testing to comply with what HA want.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I would like to think it is more to do about having a good relationship with my dealer who also understands my many years experience in the motor trade to the point that if a say there is a problem or something is not right they take me at my word without the need to get a workshop technician involved.

Granted, it is a great position to be in as I am taken at my word, but i also believe that in the initial stages they did do a ring around to check on my experience & qualifications.

Lately it has even got to the stage where they have potential new car buyers contacting me for advice on different matters. Like everything advice is free, some listen and some don't.

Of those that don't listen, 1 day i might relate the long story of an elderly family member who ignored advice & wasted around 70k on cars in 1 year - nice to have a rich wife..... lol

Went to the dealer on the weekend to introduce my bro in law to them (buying Jazz). Talk to the salesman I know there about the post combustion issue. He said he'll talk to the service department later (service already closed when I got there).

Got call from him yesterday saying the service manager didnt know anything about this and they said they most probably not going to do anything until HA deliver product recall, coz this didnt affect many CU2 owner...

hmmmmm maybe I should go with Sludge to see Buddah...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    hope u enjoy loooong boring drives denot.....lol