Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir

Brake light issues

Hey guys, I need your help. I have a 1990 ED civic and the brake lights are currently stuck on. I have tried to have a look as to the problem but it is too dark and i require the car for work in the morning. I will be looking at what is put in this thread in the morning so fingers crossed!!!

Any ideas??? At the moment i have just disconnected the battery to stop it from going flat....

Cheers
    Last edited by Webby_roller; 03-10-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    Your brake pedal may be alil stuck or loose were it triggers the brake lights to go on.

if you lift up the brake pedal does the lights go off?

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    just have a quick check on the break pedal lift it up as mugen civic said, if not just check if anythings jammed between the pedal and that if not your ****ed

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Hey, had a check by pulling the brake pedal up... still on. the brake doesn't seem to be loose or anything. Any more ideas??? I believe it could the brake activator switch.... anybody know where that is???

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The brake light switch is just above the brake pedal. You'll see a cylindrical thing with a wire out of one end and a push tip/button on the other.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    ok.. cool... I will have to check it out in the morning... What am i looking for in it?? When it is activated it turns the brakes off??? like when the brake pedal is resting is the switch acitvated??? and if it is and not working are they hard/expensive to replace???

Cheers

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_roller View Post
    ok.. cool... I will have to check it out in the morning... What am i looking for in it?? When it is activated it turns the brakes off??? like when the brake pedal is resting is the switch acitvated??? and if it is and not working are they hard/expensive to replace???

Cheers
    When the pedal is resting against it, the light turns off. Use a multimeter to find out if the switch is working when you press and release it
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK9 grimspec
    not to hard to replace just have to un plug the wires and then loosen the lock nut and just enscrew it its that easy

re price there not to much should cost bout $25< for non gen or more from honda most auto stores carry the 3 basic types you should have no problems in getting 1

just rember when you put in the new one to make sure to adjust it correctly so it just turns on the b/lights as soon as the pedal has tension ie:- you should be able to move the pedal about 5-10mm before it turns the lights on

hope that helps
    HCCM #13

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Awsome... thanks for the helps everybody.... will check it out in the morning b4 work and tell you how i go.....

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK9 grimspec
    no probs good luck

might have to chuck a sicky and fix the car ...lol
    HCCM #13

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Hey guys, I checked it out this morning and it seems that the end of the switch... the part that touches the pedal has fallen to pieces....soo it looks like a new part for me.....

Thanks for all your help everybody!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Hey guys, I found the problem. The rubber stopper that contacts the brake light switch had fallen to pieces from old age. So a quick trip to the wreckers and its all good... I would like to thank everybody for helping out...

Cheers