Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    even the oem honda is an aftermarket...it varies from dealer to dealer

Hi all, bringing this topic back to life. I am considering putting up reverse sensors in the civic and wondering if it might be worthwhile (or even feasible) to DIY and save some money for the wheels and rims

Just googled up steelmate and saw some of their products.

PS: I live in Melb. Stocks should ideally be frm here. Last time this topic was covered was in 2005 and not sure if the info is still relevant. Anyway, i think a re-visit might be beneficial to all.
    Last edited by Banzai69; 06-01-2009 at 02:15 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi
    How much money are we talking about? I rang up a local Sydney dealer here and they quoted me $420 supplied only which I thought was a bit rich considering they cost around $100 from the suppliers. The value comes from the template themselves and not the sensor.

it is about there for MElb as well if not mistaken but i think the similar cost over here includes installation.

Anyway, if i can save 200bucks or 300bucks to do something fairly easy, i would.

Think a friend told me the same for a Mazda6's floor mat. They charge about $50 to "fit" the floor mats. hahahaa..

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by ej20i View Post
    even the oem honda is an aftermarket...it varies from dealer to dealer
    no oem is oem.... however by the sounds of it whatever dealer you are refering to may use nongen ones to save a few bucks

i honestly wouldnt bother, either go without or get a reverse camera installed above the number plate

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai69 View Post
    Think a friend told me the same for a Mazda6's floor mat. They charge about $50 to "fit" the floor mats. hahahaa..
    i call BS
    Last edited by panda[cRx]; 07-01-2009 at 02:56 PM.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan