Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic

"Does any know about XX car" threads

Can we ban these sorts of threads. They usually turn into 'is this a good price' which we dont allow.

The other thing for me is, people dont do any of their own research and completly rely on others.

I had to LOL the other day at the thread by they guy asking if anyone knew about a car for sale. He wanted information on a car, yet he had not even spoken to the owner and was insistant that he was going to view the car 'on the weekend' (again without having even spoken to the owner).

The threads also appear quite often in the model forums and just clog the place up. They are also often posted by new members who havent bothered to post anything else or searched.

Would like to hear from other members/mods on their thoughts on these types of threads.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    I too think they should be abolished.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i agree

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    same thing with people starting threads like:

"looking to get rid of my car, how much do you think its worth?" kinda threads... it's a very obvious and sly way of selling a car as the only people i see posting them are the ones who can't post for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Mike,

Yes I agree that some of those threads are a waste of space. If only people realised that searching for a few minutes will give them a quicker answer than waiting for someone else to reply. Some people just like to be spoon fed!

ANy suggestions on how to stop this is always welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    same thing with people starting threads like:

"looking to get rid of my car, how much do you think its worth?" kinda threads... it's a very obvious and sly way of selling a car as the only people i see posting them are the ones who can't post for sale.
    We try and look out for these threads and deal with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    just remind everyone thaty they arent allowed, and to report the thread in question
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Unless Wynode advises otherwise, Im going to start deleting these sorts of threads...
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball View Post
    Unless Wynode advises otherwise, Im going to start deleting these sorts of threads...
    No real objections here Q. Just give a reason in the delete field and it should be ok (or even move it to the lounge)

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Its settled then