Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 6MT

[Euro] Third Gear Grinding Sound

Hi All,

I have almost reach the first 1000kms on my 2005 Euro 6MT and have noticed that when Im in running in third gear and pushing/putting pressure on the gear knob upwards (1st 3rd and 5th as opposed to 2nd 4th and 6th are downwards), a faint grinding noise can be heard. For some reason it does not happen in any other gear only the 3rd. Has anyone else noticed this faint grinding noise or did I get a dodgy gearbox?
    Last edited by Rendezvous; 28-08-2005 at 10:14 PM.

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    yes i have had this too in my 04 luxury.

raised it with service guy and he said that when there is pressure applied to it, its normal.

I accepted that.... maybe worth asking another dealer about it
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    My Euro 6sp has a slight rattle when downshifting in 3rd and 2nd. its annoying and im asking it to be looked at.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 6MT
    Doesnt sound like its too good for the gears, I have a habit of resting my hand on the gear knob and inadvertedly push the knob upwards to make sure it is in gear, and not to mention I spend a lot of time in 3rd gear as it is one of my favourite gears. It seems to be ok with the other gears only the 3rd gear where the grinding sound can be heard. Have not had a problem with other cars I've owned (91 Accord EXI, 96 Accord VTI) only this one.
    Last edited by Rendezvous; 31-08-2005 at 10:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    I heard its not good to rest your hand on the gear stick, or applying any pressure. My uncle told me this and he has been in the car industry (electrician and mechanics) for his whole life, so i tend to trust him.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Did you ask why? Interesting to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Speeder
    I heard its not good to rest your hand on the gear stick, or applying any pressure. My uncle told me this and he has been in the car industry (electrician and mechanics) for his whole life, so i tend to trust him.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    On mine, it is not a grind, but more of a vibration through the knob. It's because you're pulling the linkages tight, so the vibration from the spinning gear is being transmitted more strongly. Don't worry about it. But keep your hand on the wheel you will get quicker steering response.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I also notice that when i apply pressure to it, like Aarron said its more of a vibration for me
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    I dont gear much gear stick vibration. Mine just a whirl-ckick in rapid sequences when i done shift. I will get my digital recorder out and record the file for you guys to listen to and tell me if its normal.
    Last edited by Suntzu; 01-09-2005 at 08:56 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    its perfectly normal but its bad to push as it is metal on metal and u will eventually wear something out.

I had it on my 5th gen accord with f22b engine and gear box and i have it now with h22a gearbox.

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    i have it on my 5th gear. have to double clutch it.. no idea why. its weird.. honda's make all sorts or noises and grinding heheh

kenny
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu
    I dont gear much gear stick vibration. Mine just a whirl-ckick in rapid sequences when i done shift. I will get my digital recorder out and record the file for you guys to listen to and tell me if its normal.
    I think Rendevouz was complaining about a grinding feeling after being in gear, when he holds the 3rd gear up with his hand instead of the actual shift.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2