Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish

CAI (In the front bar)

Hey all,
    i was considering getting this but after i went out for a drive in the rain today, i became a bit worried.

When i got home i stuck my hand down the hole, and suprise suprise, it was wet. I thought this was ment to stay dry.... why isnt it?
    Ctrl + W

just dont go threw huge puddles at the fiddler like i did car didn't fuk up though :/

All comes down to the angle in which it is at the front, IE a 90 Degree angle will hold some water, yet position it to be slightly more of an angle so that any water will slide out.
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    to make ur engine suck up water, u need to completly submerge the filter, while putting alot of load on it, otherwise it will stall.. So basically vtec into a huge puddle. ur engine will always take the path of least resistance.

On the other hand, a lil water doesnt really harm an engine. It will clean things up a little and cool the intake charge. Just ask the guys who inject water with there supercharged setups.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

aimre, just do it, hahaha. I went through the same phase, all worried and shit but after a while, you get use to it and you will often gun it in the rain !!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    the thing is... it was SOAKED.
    Maybe ill put something down there to see how wet it really gets... but what to put in there?
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    nothing bro, if ur engine die then get a another one, BETTER ONE.
    let it be an ekuse to waste money !!!
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    to make ur engine suck up water, u need to completly submerge the filter, while putting alot of load on it, otherwise it will stall.. So basically vtec into a huge puddle. ur engine will always take the path of least resistance.

On the other hand, a lil water doesnt really harm an engine. It will clean things up a little and cool the intake charge. Just ask the guys who inject water with there supercharged setups.
    I agree. My other car has a cold air intake that is totally exposed to the elements when it rains. I have driven from Canberra to Sydney in torrential rain and behind trucks kicking up water spray without any problems.

Your biggest issue is if you suck up a big splash of water or submerge the inlet as stated above. Personally, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Member Array
    hahaha i had a friend who had one of these set ups. she drove thru a puddle and seized her engine. the puddle was half way up her wheels (17's) tho

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by aimre
    the thing is... it was SOAKED.
    Maybe ill put something down there to see how wet it really gets... but what to put in there?
    Was the filter wet??
    Dont worry unless the filter starts to get soaked..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Focus
    hahaha i had a friend who had one of these set ups. she drove thru a puddle and seized her engine. the puddle was half way up her wheels (17's) tho
    bingo
    doesnt sound like a puddle.
    more a flooded road or a pond

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    dont these systems come with water bypass elements?