Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury

DeBadging big H on Euro

Hi guys,

I ordered the gold Honda badges and am wondering how to go about debadging the two big H badges?

I've heard there are holes and am wondering what is the best way to go about it.. and the gold ones do they just pop right in?

Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    best way that i have found to remove badges is to heat them up with a hairdryer, then use some thin fishing wire in a sawing action from one corner to another

i know the rear badge has the two guides that you are refering to once you reach them using the sawing action just stop and start from another corner, once the double sided tape has all been cut off by the fishing wire, gentley pull the badge off

remember to reheat the badge if it get a little hard to saw

clean the remaining tape with some prepsol or a mix of water with alittle bit of metho. once the paint is clean from the tape and dry go ahead and place the new badge on it will already have double sided tape on the back

as for the front i'm not sure if it has the two guide on the badge but its the same principle as removing the rear badge.

remember easy does it, take your time so you don't damage your paint when sawing the old double sided tape off. also you may also get away with just heating up the badge and pulling the badge off slowly, just make sure you do it slowly.
    Last edited by traumatized; 10-10-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yup, hairdryer and dental floss.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    euro
    can recommend hairdryer and dental floss too. or if you dont have it, can use a bank card, but do be careful not to break your bank card haha.. as for the gold H badge, they will stick straight on no worries.. its basically a replacement that fits straight on..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Black Accord Euro 07
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    can recommend hairdryer and dental floss too. or if you dont have it, can use a bank card, but do be careful not to break your bank card haha.. as for the gold H badge, they will stick straight on no worries.. its basically a replacement that fits straight on..
    how much did you buy your honda badges for?

and did u get them directly from honda? or somewhere else like ebay?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    euro
    i dont have a gold one, but my mate bought one off an accessory shop, not directly off honda.. they fit straight on..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    oh i purchased mine straight from the honda dealership for $130 for full set.. even though i only need the two large H badges front and rear...

did i get ripped? didn't think about lookin on ebay...

which accessory shop sells them you know?

IMHO, gold is ugly... go for the Red ones. type R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    euro
    i think most car accesory shop sells them now.. ebay would be the cheapest i guess, but just gotta take into account delivery time and all.. 130 is quite expensive for the badges, but what else do you expect buying them directly from honda haha.. think of it this way, at least you know it will fit perfectly rite haha..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 - FN2 - S2K
    What would you use to hold the badge on? My badge seems to move a tiny bit if i add pressure to it.... ???

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    3M double sided tape will stick the badge to the paint quite well...

3M automotive tape for a good hold, just remember to carefully take off the badge using the above mentioned methods and then clean the badge well then apply the new tape

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    euro
    yeah, the main key point is you clean the surface that you want to stick on properly.. unclean surface is your worst enemy here, if you dont clean the surface properly, your badge wont stick on properly..