Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

b16a2 from 1995 crx into EK

A B16A2 from a 1995 CRX, same engine as the ek4 (hydro clutch etc), can it go into my 1998 gli civic?

im in nsw
    will the RTA allow it?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    The engine is older then the car.

Therefore you cannot road register it.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    even though it shares the same engine as a ek4? how would they know any better? ek4 is same age as my car

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    r u sure??
    i spoke to the rta, they said any b16a2 is fine- because the ek chassis came out with the exact same engine

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I just spoke to the RTA, do you work for the RTA shogun?

It's legal.

unless u get it in writing from them, i highly suggest u scrutinise their terms and conditions.

unless its only illegal in victoria hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i just rang 1300 137 302 (technical support for RTA)

they said its not the age, its the emission that matters. and that GENERALLY, older engines have crapper emissions so you CANT put it into a newer chassis. but because b16a2 was shared between CRX and CIVIC between 1992-2000 (EK4 stopped at 98?) that its fine

Well only way to find out is to get a blue slip, if you pass the blue slip with the new engine than that means the rta allows you to register the car.

I've done it before, using a b16a2 from EK4 (96) into a EK1 (98), got a blue slip then went to the rta and finish. No drama what so ever man

Good stuff steve88

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i also rang an engineering place, they said that if i test the b16a2 from the 1995 CRX and emissions are same standard as 1998 EK4 then it passes 100% fully legit, cant do shit.

and he also stated very high chance it will pass, unless the cat is rooted; he said people tuning hte ECU usually get dicked for not passing EPA when swapping b16's

so now all you people who promptly reply with "NO you cant newer engine into older chassis" finally have a proper, legit answer!

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    unless its only illegal in victoria hehe
    Big fella, have a read here (page 4):
    http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rd...340/0/VSI8.pdf

There is no reference to the age of the engine, it is mostly about emmission standards.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i knew it, the guy on the phone said emission standards is just a rule of thumb