i am going to replace the door speakers soon
    what size are these speakers?

i realise the placement of the screws for the stock speakers are strange

so are there any speakers that will fit without any mods needed

Member Array
    Car:
    E EG-6
    you can change the front door speaker....to 4 inch....if u want bigger u have to modify it....coz it wont fit....good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    The doors are good. Ive currently got some 6" er's in thier with one extra hole being drilled. Its a good idea to take off the stock speaker mount.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    LS Teg
    to replace the stockies, you'll be able to fit 4"s no problems. any bigger, you'll need to take out the basket that the speakers sit in and make custom spacers (if you go 6.5", 5-6" you could probably drill another hole like weq).
    my setup, i had to make spacers for my 6.5" splits. i used 16mm mdf, only to find that the window just hit the speaker magnet (my speakers have a bigger magnet assembly than usual). depending which speakers you get, you won't need to do what i did next. i got some thin wood sheet and cut small tabs out of it; one for each corner of the spacer. the window went up and down fully no problems. when i went to put the stock speaker trim back on, one of the clips hits the spacer, so i can't put it on...have to get a custom speaker trim made up.

lol my ek has 6.5' pods in the door ready for bolt in, no modding required
    フジタエンジニアリング

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Take off the existing black plastic mount, and make up a new ring like mount out of MDF. You will have to drill a couple of holes as said above, but this will allow you to use 6" splits no probs.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    My speakers (6.5"s) are mounted in the current black ring. my standard speakers were 6"s so its not a bad fit. we just drilled the hols on an angle.
    (edit)
    This may not be the case with your EG since mine came out with different interior layout.
    (/edit)

just got my tweeters installed today and also replaced the door speakers

the original ones are 4" and i replaced them with some 6" pioneer
    removed the mounting bracket and screwed in the speakers