Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol

Diffrence between HKS GT2835 and HKS GT2835R?

What is the diffrence between these two appart from the power rating (i know the 'R' is higher)? Is only the 'R' model ball bearing?

the 2835 is rated at 400 ps and the 2835R 420ps, the R has a slightly larger compressor wheel.
    フジタエンジニアリング

i thought the r was for roller bearings...and without is just ball bearing...well thats wat i thought..

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust-Me
    i thought the r was for roller bearings...and without is just ball bearing...well thats wat i thought..
    Definitley not. In the Garrett part numbers R always means ball bearing. I was just wondering if it was the same for HKS. But i'm told that the GT2835 is also ball bearing?

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by A'PEXi
    the 2835 is rated at 400 ps and the 2835R 420ps, the R has a slightly larger compressor wheel.
    Pretty much right, although 2835's can get the same size wheel as the 2835R, but also has a couple of sizes smaller

The compressor housing and turbine wheel are actually bigger on the 2835R, which is the main difference. Well price is a little more too

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Ok cool. Thanks Blitz. Now the question is if the R is overkill for B16A2